Stories that you think are overrated

Agreed with you! I love Fallen/Lee’s stories too! Especially Galileo School of Magic, Fallen is a really talented author (I know they’re the same person and Lee is her author identity but I still refer to her as Fallen though, haha).

5 Likes

Back at it again but something popped in my head - how some characters are not assertive or perpetuate stereotypes - some people be like “oH tHaT iS sO rELaTaBlE” um bye and pack yo bags.

I got the oppisite too many characters are “assertive/agressive” i find “passive” characters more relatable

2 Likes

Ah I see - I feel like people can be quietly strong and you see some characters who do not know how to say no :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah
I wosh i can see a MC who is quietly strong not loud in ur face strong

2 Likes

Me too - like someone can stand their ground without being so aggressive smh

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. I’ve noticed some MCs are just over the top when it comes to being strong

3 Likes

okay sorry I know this is an old reply, but I wanted to see where Love Life went because it seemed to be the first episode story that didn’t start off like 50 shades, but as I carried on I noticed that they were taking small pieces of story lines from tv shows and other stories (either that or I’m just reading into things) the most obvious being the episode with the speakeasy (Riverdale) and the characters that looked suspiciously like Riverdale characters

3 Likes

Yeah

1 Like

So we are objects you place in your story so people won’t criticize you for not putting poc. Not doing research at all to be respectful. So your story won’t be “bland”. Just because your area doesn’t have poc doesn’t mean you can’t put it in there, all places don’t just have white people.

11 Likes

This is very offensive.

18 Likes

WOW

15 Likes

A thread where it’s talked about overrated stories…but people yet again succeed bringing race (when they tell other not to do) and disrespecting others, is the thread closed down? Of course not. :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

Nope, it’s been here for a good 3 days.

4 Likes

Interesting… I guess this does not consist the off topic flags I get… Do this policy run on certain people…? :thinking:

5 Likes

This is mind boggling. I wonder would I get flagged for being off topic. :thinking:

5 Likes

We shouldn’t… We should be able to be off topic when others are… If there isn’t some policy for certain people, we shouldn’t be flagged. Just as people above didnt.

6 Likes

Community… yea, you’re right. Our comments will be flagged because of “community” but others’ will stay when they have any barely people agreeing. Hmmm…extremely interesting…

EDIT: Can’t believe this is flagged :rofl: As you can see “community” decides what to flag.

To be “on topic”, trending stories are kinda overrated, if not all, most of them are.

7 Likes

I didn’t realize diversity is overrated. :thinking: A group of people wanting to be included in something. Is simply overrated.

8 Likes

Oh, you know episode doesn’t really care till you say something about them.

4 Likes