Stories to help with Anxiety and Mental Health

Hey! Last year I published my story Loving Me following an MC living with anxiety.

It included tips and strategies for managing anxiety and panic attacks as well as offering general info around living with anxiety, low mood and low self esteem.

Loving Me was featured on the Decembers Editors Pick shelf.

I have just published the first three episodes of my new story, The Diary of an Anxious Teen. The story is along the same lines and follows teenage Priya on her journey to mange and understand her anxiety in High School. It offers more tips, strategies and info around living with anxiety.

I recently read a thread on here about the influence and impact episode stories can have on their readers. I believe everything we see and hear can influence which is why I choose to write my stories for the purpose of supporting and offering comfort to those who might be struggling.

I thought I would start this thread to share stories that have a focus on promoting good mental health, bringing awareness to mental health concerns and offering comfort and support to those who suffer from them.

Drop stories below if they fit this description. You never know who will find these stories and find comfort in reading them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Link to The Diary of an Anxious Teen: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5282630205243392

Link to Loving Me: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6159603140460544

14 Likes

Glad to see you’ve written another story. I can’t wait to read it. :grin:

1 Like

Totally saving this, to promote my story, once it’s published :black_heart:
Treat this as a bump until then!
xx

2 Likes

All That Remains by @writerren was on the PWD shelf! :)) 1000/10 would recommend

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Agree, great story! :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

I’d recommend @ephialtes s story “You can’t escape your mind” :hugs: it’s about a girl who struggles with anxiety and depression, You should give it a read! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi i totally recommend my story you are my sunshine by me it talks about mental health and shows it too both ink and limelight recommend 100%

Omg thank you this going to make me cry you’re the best :heart::heart::sob:

1 Like

You’re welcome hun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Recently got diagnosed with ADHD and really appreciate the authors of these stories as well as the community for embracing this topic. :heart:

6 Likes

I have a story bringing awareness to OCD that was on the Voices of PWD shelf.
It’s called Truthfully Yours, OCD. :slight_smile:

I’ll make sure to check it out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Bump. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Hi I totally recommend my story you are my sunshine by me it talks about mental health and shows it too both ink and limelight recommend 100%

Here’s mine :heart: It’s mostly about eating disorders, but it’s very connected with mental health as well. :slight_smile:
Name : Right Beside you [Voices of PWD Shelf] [Axiom hidden gem]
Plot : After a traumatizing event, Nadine’s health turned upside down. Can she recuperate after visiting an Eating Recovery Center? It’s up to you. [CC/LL/POINTSYSTEM/CHOICE MATTER]
Episodes : 20, Season 1 complete.
Gerne : Drama & Romance
Style : Limelight
CC : Available
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5251847875788800
My IG : nellyy.epi
You can watch my story trailer here.

Story Cover [Made by me] :

2 Likes

Hello lovely!

I know you have read my story before.

My story talks about a lot of mental health issues, I hope that my story reaches the people that are in need of seeing it, My doesnt give you ways of helping you with them, but it does highlight each individual mental health issue.
Sometimes people dont even realise they have it/or know someone that has it until they see someone else going through it :heart:

Here`s mine:

Title : She Knows Best (Formally known previously as Mum knows best)

Description : Brainwashed teenager nicola has suffered from years of abuse at the hands of her mother will she be able to find a way out? Contains violence, self harm + CC choices matter tappable choices

Chapters :28 [ FULLY COMPLETED ]

Style : Ink

Genre : Drama

Important info :

If you would check out my story it would be great appreciated! I have worked on it for over a year now! Hopefully your love it as much As I do :slight_smile:

There is a lot of triggers in my story, Its a dramatic, Romantic, slight bit of thriller in and a slight bit of horror in as well

One reader quoted the following after reading all chapters “Its a classical version of flowers in the attic” I would also like to add even though the reader has said its like this story there is NO INCEST in my story And another: "I don`t have much to say about your story besides is absolutely Beautiful"

credit to zoe.x_art on insta

This is my upcoming story as well coming in 2020

episodeinteractive.com

The Best Stories Are Worth Sharing: She knows best [COMPLETE]

Checkout this story, on the Episode App! If you like it, support the story by passing it along!

Trailer to my story

Ok let’s try that ok as the music was off and only had half the advert :see_no_evil::expressionless::woman_facepalming:
#mumknowsbest #myepisodestoryadvert

instagram.com

REE REE (@reeree7110) • Instagram photos and videos

1,149 Followers, 4,132 Following, 129 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from REE REE

1 Like

Hey, here’s mine
Author name -Faith Rose
Story Description Nick, a boy who used to have childhood cancer was a homeschool student. Samantha who has a learning disability what happens when they become each other Sunshine?
Number of chapters I have 10 chapters for limelight
Cover- IMG_20191224_210738_550
Link- http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6690020900798464

2 Likes

Let me know what you think of mine. @Jewel_s

Hey thank you for this thread love! I just recently published my new story called Yearning. It would mean a lot to me if you read it!!:two_hearts:It brings awareness to mental illnesses like depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, and mostly revolves around dissociative identity disorder. The MC learns throughout the story (although it’s only 3 chapters) how to live with it and confront it, with the help of those around her.

Title: Yearning
Author: Xiomara
Style: Ink
Genres: Drama, Romance, Action
Main Genre: Drama
Amount of chapters: 3
Ongoing!
CC: No
Number of LI’s: 2 (but won’t be able to choose)
Small Cover:

Story description:
All her life, Alondra has been longing for something that was missing in her life. Will she find it when she is on the verge of losing her sanity or will someone help her in time?

Instagram: @xiomara.episode
Link:

Please note there are trigger warnings/ mental health awareness

1 Like