Stories where you can’t customize the skin color

i did not say that. also most stories have cc.

1 Like

i said that if the charatere dont look like the art work it ruin the story. atleasy that is what i feel. if i change the look and an art scene pop op where she look like the before cc scene.

also its the writers choice not to give a cc . same way its your choice not to read the story

1 Like

No they didn’t.

They said it’s hard to imagine your character, if black, because sometimes there are art scenes and that just takes away the imagination of having your own character.

3 Likes

You make no sense. Please explain.

I do make sense.

@line123462 explained how customizing your character as a black MC is hard sometimes since many stories have art scenes, and in those scenes, they have a drawing of what they interpret the MC to look like, which is usually a white MC

6 Likes

i don’t particularly care…as a dark skinned woman, i’m not too offended unless there is literally no diversity or if the only colored characters are stereotypes.

If the author doesn’t allow any customization then that’s fine because they’ve obviously envisioned them in a certain way.

Sometimes stories are set in a time or place where there aren’t really that many colored people, for example, i’m writing a story set in london in 1917 so black people are included but not as a mc because black people were still discriminated back then…

6 Likes

It may be race or that the author is using overlays and doesn’t want it to look weird :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I hate these kind of stories. I may be a light-skin black girl but I don’t always want to play a white character.

7 Likes

Temporarily closed for review.

Reminder from staff: Please refrain from throwing around accusations of racism or attempting to portray other users in a negative light.

If there is an issue, either take it to the user in question privately, or contact a staff member. Thanks :slight_smile:

I fvcking agree…its always “oh the MC needs to look like the art scene/how i imagined” ok cool but too many stories have the same type of character(apperance/personality in all)
I hate tht all the skintones are in the fair catergory yet they use black hairstyles…(but thts another issue)
Seriously im black i wanna see myself in stories cuz i cant see myself on mainstream media.

They always say tht “her apperance is important to the story” but really its so the art scenes match and so they can descirbe how “beautiful” she is…the skin makes no diffrence cuz the MCs nationality is NEVER mentioned but white is the default…in fantasy it sucks cuz orcs and rogued can exsist but black/POC…no. or they have a small role.

I cant count how many times i have been the Token black girl in stories(where i can CC) and my parents still look nothing like me

4 Likes

Thank you!!you said it best!!

1 Like

Ha could probably use more tweaking but thanks :blush:

1 Like

Personally I don’t see a problem with limited customization, I don’t really enjoy stories with customization as much as stories without. Besides, I don’t think my skin tone even matches any of those in INK stories to begin with, so it doesn’t much good regardless :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

I just want to be a black mc that’s all. I read stories without customization,but that unlikely.

1 Like

Same here, that’s usually the only downside to non CC characters for me

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a issue as long as the author doesn’t state that “the character is Latina/Hispanic so the skin tones are limited” then limit the skin tones to lighter skin tones. It’s just ignorant because there’s plenty of black Latinos & Hispanics. Other than that, if the author envisions the character with lighter skin (especially if it includes overlays & art scenes) I don’t think it should be a problem. I’d actually rather it if the author doesn’t take the time out to code it where the overlays match the characters customized skin tone!

7 Likes

I’ll be honest, I haven’t seen many stories were CC is limited to a certain skin tone. And either way, I really don’t mind. If the author sees their MC as a certain race or having a certain skin tone, then that’s their vision. Who am I to mess with that?

Of course, let there at least be some reasoning for why the skin tones are limited, though. Like said before, wanting your character to be a certain skin tone because it’s ‘the norm’ in the location, isn’t a good reason.

Also, if stories with CC limited to darker skin tones is okay, than it should also be okay for ones with only lighter skin tones. I don’t think anyone here is arguing that it’s not okay for that, but, I just thought I’d get it out there… To argue anything else would be a double standard.

6 Likes

Yeah you right…