Stories With Controversial Topics & How Far They Can Go

Hey, how’s everyone going? :wave:t5::wave:t5:

So I have a couple questions to ask before I go more in-depth with the story I’m currently writing.

I understand that need to keep things more or less PG on episodes and there are certain things that we can’t include or discuss in our stories. I’ve seen some crazy, questionable stuff touched on in a few of them. But how far is too far?

Here are some of the topics in my story:

• Poverty
  • Abuse - physical/substance
  • Sex and sexual orientation
  • It consist of some scenes depicting bullying

There’s also profanity but not mild. And yes, I have censored them with special symbols.

What are your thoughts on these topics? And should I offer a confermation choice on wether or not the reader wants to see such topics play out?

2 Likes

If they’re not that important to the scene then I’d add a choice for the reader to decide whether they want to read the scene or skip it.

If it is important to the story, I’d recommend adding the choice for the reader to decide whether they want to read the scene or skip it BUT, add a very brief description with very little detail just so the readers still know what happened but they don’t have to watch it happen (:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.