Story Cover Dilemma😬

So, I am coding my next story and I was trying to look for possible poses for my characters to do in the cover. So. I got this picture off of google as a possible reference

But, I remembered that it looks similar to this cover

So I wanted to know if I would get copyrighted for the poses or if I should even use it cause I don’t want to make it seem like I’m copying anyone at all😕

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s a problem :kissing_smiling_eyes:
Are you looking for someone to make you the cover? :heart:

4 Likes

no i don’t think its exactly the same!! there are lots of covers that are similar, i mean if the dude has a rose in her hand and the girl is holding her knife upwards, it should be fine! and the outfits/characters are different!

2 Likes

No, that pose is different anyone w a good eye can clearly see that. However, the image u showed is copyrighted so u cannot use that as ur reference without the appropriate licences therefore u’s to buy that image to b able to reference the art w it otherwise it won’t b approved :white_heart:

2 Likes

You can use images as a references as long as it isn’t traced or copied directly.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think I’d be a problem. Plus, if anyone called you out on it, you could show them this thread with all our opinions.

There are lots of covers in a similar style with a girl holding a knife and looking at a guy. It’s not uncommon, so I don’t think it’d be a problem in this situation either.

1 Like

It says on that topic
If you’re using copyrighted images without the permission of the artists/photographers/people photographed, even if you purchased the art yourself, this is against Episode’s content guidelines

& that image has watermarks all over it & is from a website where u have to purchase the image. :white_heart: so, it cannot b used as the only reference. :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Yes, but I can take a photo in that pose and give her that photo. It’s not like the pose itself is copyrighted. If you’re going to need to find an uncopyrighted photo for reference, you may as well just use the photo and save the artist the hassle. It even says, “Using a real-life photograph as a reference is allowed.”

1 Like

It’s not like she’s actually using that photo in the story, she’s just using it as a reference.

1 Like

You cant copyright a pose, so no you wont

2 Likes

u might just want to provide sum extra references just incase u can’t use that one as ur sole reference. :revolving_hearts: but it’s defo not the same as the episode one :sparkles:

1 Like

Thank you @anon71033048 @line123462 @anon6748744 @Bertha @marcosimp @scarlettm for helping me out with this!

4 Likes

Of course! :relaxed:

Ur most welcome!! Gl w ur story bby :white_heart: