Story Description Advice

Hello fellow writers! I’m currently working on my story description because I almost finished writing the first 3 chapters of my new story. It sounds really easy, but I’ve been stuck trying to come up with a good and catchy short description for days. If any of you could help me write a great one I would appreciate it a lot. :relaxed:
Here’s the current one: “They told me not to look into your deep eyes, but they never told me why. I guess that’s because they profoundly mesmerize mine in ways others couldn’t; with you, I feel free.”

1 Like

yeah if that is the one you have you need a better. it does not tell anything about the story. its does not sound like a description but a line the LL would say.

You need to tell a bit about the story. because right now I have no idea.

is it a love story. is he my true love?
a horror will I die looking into his eyes
a fantasy will I be turned to stone because he is, in fact, a gorgon.

any one of those is qualified guesses out for that description.

1 Like

I agree I didn’t have a clue what the story was about.

Also a good tip. keep your description about the first 3 chapters. usally a description shall be about the entire story. but on episode that is not that good

if you write she marrys a prince but she first meet that prince in chapter 7 and get married in chapter 30 people will fell like been cheated because the first 3 chapters had nothing to do with the description

2 Likes

That’s a great tip, I’ll give you a little context about my story (which is classified as Fantasy). The MC is new in town and meets her LI number one, she’s suddenly bitten by a werewolf that is the brother of the LI number one. But then she meets her LI number two (who isn’t a werewolf) and the story goes on. Should I write my description a little more detailed about the Love interest even though it won’t be the only one who likes the MC?

2 Likes

I’ll make you a description.

1 Like

OMG thank you so much!

1 Like

Good you will help. because I am also bad at description

there is two kind of bad. the wage there dosent tell you anything

and mine where i just tell the plot with out any thought. hey I might spoil the entire story

1 Like

:joy: I bet you’re not that bad.

1 Like

Stuck in a new town [NAME] gets bitten by a werewolf. Later you met the brother of the wolf that bit you. It’s either him or his brother. It’s up to you.

I’m sorry it sounds cliche.

It’s great actually! Thanks so much for the help. Just another question…should I describe in a really expository way the things that happen?

1 Like

Yeah, I guess. But not too much.

Okay thanks so much, would you like any kind of credit?

1 Like

Naw… it’s cool.

Thanks so much, would you mind reading my edited version of the description, just in case I did something wrong? :no_mouth::sweat_smile:

1 Like

How does this one sound? Stuck in a new town Ona gets bitten by a werewolf, Maleek’s brother. Later she meets Nathan, basically the gentleman every girl wants. Will you help Ona choose the right path?

1 Like

YESS!! I love it. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks so much!!! :grin::grin::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.