Story descriptions - let's discuss

What do you look for in a story description? And what type of descriptions usually get your attention? I’m really curious !!

4 Likes

Interesting post. The story description is one of the main things that makes someone click to read your story. However that’s a hard question to answer. :thinking: I think I usually look for something original or unique when I read a description. Or something that lets me know I’m gonna be in for a wild ride. A good hook draws me in more than a fancy cover imo. But I don’t really know what makes a good hook.

4 Likes

Yes exactly. The title, cover, and story description are the “things” that will let the reader click on your story and give it a try, but the description is the element that should excite the reader the most, and I agree that it should be unique and that it should let you know you’re gonna be in for a wild ride. This is why I’m really taking my time coming up with a description, and i’m ngl, it’s kinda hard to pick what certain elements of the story I wanna mention or not. ( I’m still in the process of writing the 1st episode so I’m not 100% sure if the story will be published or not, but at least not any time soon. However, I’m really determined and excited !! )

2 Likes

Actually putting work into it, not like:

You like your cute neighbor will you fall in love yes or no

3 Likes

HAHAHA yes these descriptions are just really lame and not engaging! (imo)

2 Likes

Honestly, I turn away from descriptions that are either partly generic or entirely generic e.g “Will you find love?”, “You’ve got a hot new neighbor, will you be able to handle the heat?” stuff like that lmao.

I also turn away from descriptions that really don’t give me anything about the story. By that I mean, you can read the descriptions but still not have any idea of what the story is actually about.

I love original descriptions where they’re clear, concise, you have an idea of the plot and you can tell that some thought was put into it.

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.