Story genres - favorite and difficult ones

Hey guys!

There are a lot of genres in which you can write your story. I wonder if you have your favorite one? Oh and also what is most difficult for you to write?
For me, it has to be a comedy or a mystery story. Thinking of the interesting, funny or scary and involving plot is hard and takes a lot of time.
What do you think about that? :smile:

ā€“ I apologize for any mistakes, English is not my first language

6 Likes

Favorite: Horror/Mystery/Comedy

Hardest to Write: Comedy

I can write literally anything but comedy
Turns out Iā€™m just not funny :joy:

6 Likes

I have the same problem! I just canā€™t write anything funny :laughing:

1 Like

And I also love mysteries! Theyā€™re sometimes hard to create but itā€™s still my favorite genre!

1 Like

Dude I read ONE mystery book when I was a kid and it was so good that everything i write has some sort of mystery in it now :joy:

1 Like

My favorite genre to write in is drama. :smirk:

A difficult genre to write in is romance. :sleeping:
Why is difficult? Eh I donā€™t knowā€¦ Iā€™m not big of romance, so trying to channel it in writing seems a bit difficult. Honestly itā€™s easier to write a break up then to write about a relationship :woman_shrugging:t4::joy:

4 Likes

Hahaha! Thatā€™s so true! I can think of lots of ideas for the breakup but finding a new and fresh romance plot is truly difficult :thinking:

2 Likes

I like writing thriller But thriller and action is one of the hardest to write in My opinion

2 Likes

Oh my!
In my case, my whole bookshelf is filled with crime stories and psychological thrillers.
Do you remember the title of the book you read as a child?

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with that. Thrillers can be very hard to write.

2 Likes

Dude, I may be kinda new here but youā€™re one of the funniest people on this forum. Have a lil faith. :^)

1 Like

Easiest to write: Comedy
Hardest to write: Thriller and Romance (ironic since our first story was in the missed connections contest :stuck_out_tongue: )

I didnā€™t know the huge potential in Episode Thriller until I read The Game by amberj ompff

1 Like

Wow! Iā€™m glad that your favorite one to write is comedy :smile:

I loved stories from ā€Missed Connectionsā€ contest. Do you mind sharing the title of yours? :blush:

1 Like

Sure! Itā€™s MC: Between Worlds

We hope you enjoy it! ;^)

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

My favourite to write are thriller and mystery.

The hardest for me are comedy (Iā€™m not funny) and romance (everything turns out so cringeworthy).

5 Likes

My favorite one to write is action. I only write an action story! I think in two weeks I will publish!.

The hardest one for me is:

• Comedy - there is a thin line between funny and stupid.
  • Romance - it is so easy to make this kind of story too sweetā€¦ And yeah, Iā€™m not a romantic person at all.

But when it is about readingā€¦ I love almost all, but my favorites stories are fantasy ones and action ones!

2 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™m new here and I still need to learn a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally agree! (Iā€™m not the romantic person neither)

1 Like

So as I :blush:

1 Like