Story genres - favorite and difficult ones

Yeah, I agree with that. Thrillers can be very hard to write.

2 Likes

Dude, I may be kinda new here but you’re one of the funniest people on this forum. Have a lil faith. :^)

1 Like

Easiest to write: Comedy
Hardest to write: Thriller and Romance (ironic since our first story was in the missed connections contest :stuck_out_tongue: )

I didn’t know the huge potential in Episode Thriller until I read The Game by amberj ompff

1 Like

Wow! I’m glad that your favorite one to write is comedy :smile:

I loved stories from ”Missed Connections” contest. Do you mind sharing the title of yours? :blush:

1 Like

Sure! It’s MC: Between Worlds

We hope you enjoy it! ;^)

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

My favourite to write are thriller and mystery.

The hardest for me are comedy (I’m not funny) and romance (everything turns out so cringeworthy).

5 Likes

My favorite one to write is action. I only write an action story! I think in two weeks I will publish!.

The hardest one for me is:

• Comedy - there is a thin line between funny and stupid.
  • Romance - it is so easy to make this kind of story too sweet… And yeah, I’m not a romantic person at all.

But when it is about reading… I love almost all, but my favorites stories are fantasy ones and action ones!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m new here and I still need to learn a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally agree! (I’m not the romantic person neither)

1 Like

So as I :blush:

1 Like

FAVORITE TO WRITE & READ (for me): Fantasy/Historical/Romance

DIFFICULT TO WRITE (for me): Comedy (I think you’re naturally funny or you’re not… if you’re not, you probably shouldn’t write it…lol) & Fantasy (you have to create rules to an entirely made up world, species, animal, etc… It can be fun, but difficult when limitations on each fantasy creation must be made clear.)

2 Likes

Easiest to write for me is comedy. Everything just flows when I’m writing comedy stories
Most difficult to write would be fantasy (even though it’s my favourite genre to read on the app) and horror/thriller. I don’t like any horror or thriller stuff so writing in it would just make me feel lost and writing in fantasy just seems like it takes a lot of planning and I cba for that lol

5 Likes

Comedy is the easiest for me to write in.

Horror, Thriller or Action would probably be the hardest. I just… honestly would not know how to end a story in that genre. I’d probably get a three episode pilot done and then abandon it due to too many unforeseen plot holes hahahaha

5 Likes

I have the same problem but with Comedy! I just don’t know what kind of characters should I create and what the whole plot should be about.
I think that if I ever try to write the Comedy story it will probably have a lot of dark moments in it.

1 Like

Bahaha, I know what you mean. But I find that with every attempt at other genres, I always slip in humour. Like I just can’t be proper serious all the time lol :rofl:

3 Likes

And it’s funny because I’m always craving for some comedy in other stories. :thinking:

1 Like

Romance is the hardest for me.

Comedy is the easiest one for me.

3 Likes

I see what you mean! When I was younger it was easy for me to think of a good fantasy story but now it’s just so difficult sometimes.

1 Like

Yeah, as I said before romance stories can be really tricky.

2 Likes