🦋 Story helper!

Val talking here :yay:

Yes I am here to provide you with any advice on coding that I can give you
Feel free to give advise to anyone in the comments

As always have a nice day and leave supportive likes :cat_typing:

11 Likes

Hi! I’m new at this writing thing can you help me how to start???

2 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forums :sparkles::point_up:t4: If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask questions!

1 Like

Btw this is very helpful to those who need this!

1 Like

Yes of course! What would you like to know?

Welcomeee :party_time:

1 Like

Uhh… You will regreat asking beause I have ton. :joy: :joy: :joy: like I know there are four backgournd places, but can I place them some how somewhere else because they can’t seem to fit in?

1 Like

Do you mean Zone 1,2,3,4?

Coding for That

@cut to zone (1,2,3,4)
Example
@cut to zone 2

Yeah thank you :heart_decoration:

1 Like

I see loads of stories where it’s a rich girl who meets and falls in love with a poorer man. More often than not (at least in the ones I’ve read) the two people meet in the first episode and their love blossoms from there.

However, I was thinking of writing a story where the 2 of them have already been in a secret relationship for some months. What do you think? It would have lots of family drama and would have deep, meaningful themes throughout, including caring for those with disabilities and a parental background which is messed up. Do you think this sounds ok?

3 Likes

I would definitely read that story! It sounds very interesting

1 Like

I think thats a perfect idea. Good luck with the story :llama:

2 Likes

@vale.le @SG19 Thank you so much :slight_smile: xx

1 Like

If you need any help we can always assist you :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve been writing for a while, but I still find it hard to add in complex choices and bits of script like the points system and such.

1 Like

it is a little tricky but it’s totally worth it

Hewo there :sparkling_heart:
I was wondering how you fade in an overlay?

More information

I have this overlay that I will use at the end of my story and was wondering how I fade it in?

2 Likes

From my experience this is the coading you should do:

Explanation

You must create the overlay ( @overlay NAME_OF_OVERLAY create)
After that you must put the opacity you want it to be ( @overlay NAME_0F_OVERLAY opacity 0 or 1)
Then you move your overlay where you want it to be and copy paste that on your script

Specific Coding

@overlay NAME_OF_OVERLAY create
@overlay NAME_OF_OVERLAY opacity 0
(Insert your location here)
@overlay NAME_OF_OVERLAY opacity 1 in (the amount of seconds you want it to fade in)

If you want it to fade out

In the end insert:
@overlay NAME_OF_OVERLAY opacity 0 in (the amount of seconds you want it to fade out)

About the opacity

You must put the opacity first on 1 so that you can see the overlay and move it where you want it

1 Like

Hey, would you be interested in seeing what I have for it at the moment? It’s not much, as when I’m early stages with a story I just write what I feel like and then go back at a later date to make it more appealing to a reader.

1 Like

yes totally, if you want you can dm me privately :yellow_heart: