Story Idea: Help

I am new in episode and want to write a story …I only have a title
Broken Pieces.
Could any of you guys share some ideas about how can i make a plot for engaging readers…

To me Broken Pieces sounds like a story where things are falling apart in your life :thinking:

~these “pieces” makeup a “whole” right, like I said I would imagine things left and right are starting to disappear from your life because of _____ and now people are walking away from you because of ____, they’re Broken Pieces.

~oh wait I got an idea just now :joy: what if in the beginning your living a normal good life and suddenly everyone you know and love start disappearing…like they never existed…what if this causes you to insanity (touchy subject=research) and your LEFT WITH BROKEN PIECES (mind my rambling:)

3 Likes

Depends on what your story is about

Your title is nice but you got to think what you want to put to fit it love

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: I’ll have a think of some more but what about

Drama and mystery : Family broken up by secrets and lies a young girl desperate for a family can she fit all the peices of her life together and find out about her past.

(The young girl is an orphan)

2 Likes

Good Idea! Thanks

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m going to be on my 100th edit by the time you get a straight answer from me, just saying. watch out for my “edit” numbers :joy: but your welcome :joy:

1 Like

Ok​:sweat_smile::smirk:

1 Like

I think that you should think of what you want to have in the story first, rather than starting from a title. This is just what I do. In my opinion, it helps your ideas flow out freely, instead of constricting it to one topic. For example, if your title is about crime, you feel like you are forced to write crime… even if you aren’t. It is much easier to just write freely without a title in mind, unless you already know what you’re going to be writing about. You mentioned that you want to start writing. Consider these questions:

-Why do I want to start writing? Do I really have an idea which I am dedicated to turning into a story?

-Will I really put the time and effort into coding? Do I have the patience to spend weeks, oftentimes months, maybe even years, on a story? One episode which lasts fifteen minutes can take days to code, not to mention planning, character development, and having writer’s block. (I myself have been working on episode one of my story for more than two months now, which is partially due to the fact that I’m a slow coder, but still.)

If you’re sure the answer is yes, congrats! You’ve just started writing your first story! (you said you’re new here so I’m assuming its your first story, but correct me if I’m wrong.)

Let’s start thinking about the plot. Here are some questions to start with:

• What is this story about, besides the romance? A girl lost in the jungle? A woman fighting for women’s rights?

• When does the story take place? Modern era? The future?

• Where does this story take place? A country cottage, big city, and a whole another universe are just a few ideas to get you started.

• What is the problem, or what causes the drama? Is there a solution, and if so, what is it? Think of a few things which can be problematic to the main character and love interest’s relationship. Some ideas for you are an annoying ex-girlfriend, a society which doesn’t like certain relationships, or trust issues which prevents them from committing to their relationship. A problem will help demonstrate their dedication to each other. How much they are willing to risk for each other- or not risk.

• What are some ways you will make this story stand out? You aren’t required to, but its highly recommended that you have a few unique elements which makes this story different from others or uncommon. This can be something real simple, such as having a love interest who loves to travel the world, to a main character battling cancer. It’s your story. You decide.

• What are your characters like? Your main character should have both strengths and weaknesses. It’s important to display those weaknesses through the struggles and/or drama she faces. Your love interest should be a seemingly perfect, yet still entirely realistic person. This means that despite how amazing he may be, he will still have a weakness.

Good luck writing your story! I hope I didn’t overwhelm you with my tips; and if I did , I’m sorry :sweat_smile: After you’ve got those tips down, I recommend you watch Joseph Evans’s tutorials. Try to go in order and be patient. Just watch a few each day, and then test that out to see how well you can do it. If you can do it well, start watching the next few videos. Here is the first one for Limelight to get you started…

Enjoy! I wish you lots of luck :four_leaf_clover:

How exactly did you come up with the title? Did you just pick it out of nowhere? If not, how did you decide that was the title you want to go with? I’m asking you because coming up with a title usually comes after the story is written or has been thought out about. You had to have some idea of what you wanted to write about when you came up with the title.

Writing a story comes from an idea. Ask yourself what do you want to write about. What interests you?? You can’t ask people to give you ideas on a story you haven’t thought about it yourself. Try to think about the title and what it means to you. When you think of “Broken Pieces”, what comes to mind first?

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Hey there, I think my thread - Writing an Episode story 101 - The key to success can help you :tulip:

Thanks for all of your ideas…I will try to implement all of these tips and ideas for my story…:blush:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.