Story ideas for a MC that’s 25

How do I make my story more interesting? Here is some background info. The MC is around 24, just fresh out of college. She is currently an assistant at a great firm. The story is very job oriented at times, but I’m looking to branch out from that and also include other aspects that could make it more interesting.

The only issue, is that the MC is no longer in high school, so the normal stuff like “prom,” “bad boys,” “parties” and etc won’t be such a big role in the story. I feel like I can write main important scenes, but not small mini scenes leading up to it, and that’s a problem because those are a key part of the story as well! Anybody have any ideas? :blush:

2 Likes

So you need a srory idea for the whole story or just parts? @epistar

1 Like

it has to be something about her current job or a future one, love life/heartbreak, family and friends… maybe someone stabbing the MC in the back? I don’t know, i’m actually 20 right now :joy:

4 Likes

Just parts I have my main idea already :slight_smile:

1 Like

ooh nicee!
And love the “backstabbing” idea! :+1:

1 Like

Ok. Maybe there is a long lost friend of the MC. Who they run into later into the story(who later becomes their boss) and the friend ends up being mean when they learn who the MC is and that they used to be friends and starts to yell at them for ‘abandoning them’ and hatred start to grow between them. As well during this time the MC discovered that she has a long lost sister in Germany.

Just a general idea for you. :blush:

2 Likes

Wow such a creative idea! Thank you!! :+1:

1 Like

No problem! :blush::blush:

If you need any more ideas feel free to ask me!

1 Like
  • Balancing professional and personal life. She doesn’t have time to both take care of herself and her apartment while also trying to go on dates.
  • Paying off debts/covering expenses/general dissatisfaction with her job’s pay. Finances are huge concerns for young adults.
  • Losing contact with her friends because she and they are so busy.
  • Lack of purpose or having an unfulfilling life.
  • Conflicts with roommates if she has them – cleaning, taking stuff without asking, bringing people over constantly, missing bill payments, being too loud, etc.
5 Likes

Where does this character live (city/housing situation), what is their means of transportation, what are they getting paid, who are their friends, what is their relationship with their family?

2 Likes

25 is a big year it’s when most people know what they want out of life it’s probably a bigger milestone as officially an adult yes I know 18 and some places 21 as you can officially drink. But 25 is a lot more grounded settled into what you want and a lot more mature.
Workplaces have a lot of drama forbidden affairs people getting fired all the time workload stressful. I know where I worked the first months consisted of someone coming out and affair was founded out (it was very ugly he found out through the companies work email) and one person got fired and threw an actual chair at their boss fun times.
A lot can be done without going the cliche route of MC falling in love with the big boss you can do it of course just done to death.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for the helpful advice!! :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

*After realizing you’ve slept with a married man, you leave before his wife is able to find out. But what happens when you find interest in his wife

4 Likes

I’d read that.

2 Likes

Ohhh sexy I be interested in reading that

2 Likes

Oh snap :flushed:

2 Likes

Honestly… :joy:

2 Likes

Workplace drama- Petty co-workers, bosses with a bad attitude… maybe only one person can be promoted per year, and the MC is one of the candidates. The other candidate is someone who becomes her best friend, and an internal conflict arises when she finds out that both she and her new best friend are competing for the same promotion.

What type of relationship does she want? Is she interested in marriage, having kids, or is she not ready to settle down? What if her partner doesn’t share the same goals as her?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.