Story preview showing up as a virus?

Every time I click on the preview button to see how my story looks, my antivirus detects a virus (a Trojan program).

I can’t use the feature of the Writer’s Portal because the antivirus is preventing me.

Does anyone know if this is just a bug, or is it really an unsafe program? Because I don’t want to change my settings and let a virus infect my computer, I decided that getting confirmation first is a lot safer :slight_smile:

thanks in advance!

1 Like

I know that episode is a pretty secure site, so I’m not sure if its the antivirus that you have :thinking:

It’s a pretty reputable one, so I don’t know how likely it is that there’s a problem with it :confused:

2 Likes

I don’t believe that it is a virus. I also have an anti-virus software, but it does not say anything about the previewer. Maybe you could allow the website to get past the software?
I hope this helped!

1 Like

I whitelisted Episode on the software, it works now :slight_smile: thanks for the help!

No problem!

It’s probably just a really stupid AntiVirus program. I use McAfee and it didn’t happen to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

The web previewer is not a virus but there must be some sort of glitch in it that is detecting it is. Alot of people have had trouble with this web previewer so I suggest just to use your phone

I do too!