Story Questions: Do you like naming the main character?

Hey I was wondering if you find it necessary to name the main character! I have included cc for the main character but I’m not sure if I should add a customized name. What are your thoughts??

10 Likes

Meh it is ok…I do like naming the people but I love CC more so naming people I do not find a problem if we cannot do so. If a story has CC it makes me want to read it more although I get fed up when people say u can CC/Customize but later tell u that they have pictures and that so it would not match :woman_facepalming:t3::tired_face: also I don’t really like stories where u get points.

Also not a fan of writer asking what my own name is haha as can they see what we type or not? :grimacing::joy:

3 Likes

I honestly dont care at all, I never ever ever use my own name, because sometimes what the character does doesn’t match my opinions. And I like reading a story where the author chooses the name, because I love reading different stories with unique names. :))

8 Likes

No, not really. I never know what names to choose.
If there’s full CC, I usually just put my name. But other than that I prefer not to pick a name

2 Likes

I feel like it’s better if the author chooses the name because it’s their story it’s not me it’s like reading a book you are just going on that person’s adventure and life not yours !

2 Likes

i’m indifferent towards it. i’m not bothered either way :blob_sun:

I like naming my MC, but not having this option doesn’t turn me away from a story.

I prefer naming my MC :pleading_face:

3 Likes

I honestly don’t care :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

2 Likes

not really…

2 Likes

Depends on the story, really, but then again, I never use my real name so it doesn’t particularly matter to me but I do find that if I don’t read that story for a while and I come back to it, I always end up confused on who I am and what happened vs if I had named that character, I feel I remember more, :joy:

2 Likes

I personally do like naming the character,because I feel like i’m more of the character, but even I don’t get to, it’s totally fine. I never use my real name though, so it doesn’t matter too much, but I kind of like that I get to be a different person ya know?

1 Like

In my stories, I do give readers the option to name their character, and I do provide their default name.
I honestly dont mind on naming the character or not.
Unless your character is going to represent a certain ethnic group, or you are needing overlays on the characters name, then its understandable if you do not give the option for readers to name their character.

3 Likes

I don’t like naming the main character. I spend more time than I should thinking of names for them (cuz I never put my name down) then I end up regretting that name cuz someone else in the story has that name/doesn’t align with MC. I feel, in my opinion, that stories w/o picking a name has a better description for said character like much cuter/nicer nicknames instead of Babe or Baby or Sweetie or whatever. But if the story has naming the MC, I’ll still read it given the plot and grammar are good

2 Likes

Hey! I have CC in my story so at least I have that! And the author actually cannot see what you type, so don’t worry about that!:joy::two_hearts:

Yea that’s exactly why I don’t want to add it! Because some people may not agree with all the characters actions/beliefs! Thanks for the feedback!:smile:

1 Like

Well my story has cc but I’m not sure if I want to add the name🤔

Yea! I totally agree with this! But I was just curious because a lot of readers are picky you know and I don’t want to lose any readers for not adding this option!

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

1 Like

Your one of those readers that authors love! The ones that are not picky about cc and naming and just read a story cause it’s good!:two_hearts:

1 Like