Story Questions: Do you like naming the main character?

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yea I understand where your coming from, but the worse is when an author goes super inactive and posts a chapter like 3 months and your like what is going on again😂 Thanks for sharing your thoughts💕

1 Like

I completely understand what you mean! I feel like a lot of readers read to kind of escape reality for a short period of time or see things through another’s perspective! Thanks for sharing!:smile:

I was thinking that but the name kind of works with the story! Like my story is going to be called the summer of 85 and the mc is summer! Thanks for sharing what you do!:two_hearts:

1 Like

I get this point of view as well! Like when the name isn’t an option the author can really make a cool nickname! I also feel like you can connect more with the character because instead of typing first name when you are coding, you type in an actual name and that makes the character more real to the author!

1 Like

No, because I can never think of any names. :disappointed::sob:

2 Likes

I totally get this! It’s hard to come up with a name and sometimes you just use your own! But like you don’t completely align with the characters views or values! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!

1 Like

Awe, thanks :blob_hearts: :laughing:.

2 Likes

probably depends on the story, like if its a “you” story then it’d be nice but not necessary. I didn’t because I don’t want readers getting too attached to any specific character, honestly I kind of want them to hate the characters at different points. my characters are kind of erratic and unreliable, and its much easier to hate a character when its not a reflection of yourself

3 Likes

If I am supposed to be the main character, I like to use my name and customize the avatar to look like me. If the MC is not me, I really don’t care about the name or appearance of the MC.

2 Likes

I never play as myself in any of the Episode stories I’ve read, even in stories when I’m suppose to play as myself. Honestly, I don’t like naming characters because it’s time-consuming to think of a good name. I usually just end up typing the default name given by the author. That’s why sometimes it annoys me a little when there’s no default name for the MC, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

Ah thats great to hear. What is the story about? And is there a li? Please be only one haha not really a fan of more but really up to the writer I guess.

Ah ok thats good to hear.

1 Like

If there’s a name option I usually use my name, it’s nice. But it wouldn’t bother me not to name the characters as well.

In some stories I choose not to name because of the plot haha

1 Like

Not really, to be honest. :joy:

You could provide a name if the reader can’t come up with a name, so the reader can name the character with his own name or with the name you suggested. I did that with my current story too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea this makes sense!! I get this and this is why I’m leaning away from the name option because it’s not really you going through everything it’s you guiding this character🤔

1 Like

I get your POV! Thanks for sharing!!:two_hearts:

1 Like

Yea I usually end up putting my own when I cannot come up with something! Thanks for taking the time to share!:smile:

2 Likes

Yea a lot of people think the authors know why the readers type😂 anyways my story is going to be a drama (maybe for the reveal contest😅) and it actually has one LI😄

1 Like

Yea sometimes the names too good to change! And would you not read a story that didn’t have the name option?:thinking:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and what you do in your story!! Your a great author btw😄

1 Like