Story recommendations on mental awareness/illnesses? Recommend me yours too! :computer_rage:

Hey everybody!
I’m currently into stories that revolve around Mental Illnesses or any illnesses to where it brings awareness on how a person, such as myself, struggles on these heavy topics. Fill free to share your recommendations down below, or promote yours if it includes this. I will read any genre, with literally anything–Ty!

I’ve never tagged anyone before but here are just a few recently spoken to tags, let me know if you’d want to be removed:
@Gowri.Writes @CherryPicked @June_Sinclair @juliewrites @scarlettm @blanche_writes @Adorablxheron @bakedpotato @xgeorgia @Anna_Marie @april_episode @Farah_DeSantis

9 Likes

I know some stories that spread awareness of disabilities and other illnesses, would those be okay?

1 Like

The Heart of Moss, on Wattpad, by Kimberly Tanith Marie, aka Mommy, has a main lead with PCOS :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes thats perfectly fine!

1 Like

Okay, let me get my phone and I’ll send them to you in just a sec! My laptop battery is dying

1 Like

I’ve never had Wattpad, maybe I should check it out, thank you! :pleading_face:

1 Like

Np! :blush: Please do check it out, here’s my account: @sk_supernatural You can find all of Mommy’s books on there :wink:

1 Like

I’ll be sure to, thanks a bunch :crescent_moon:

1 Like

Don’t mention it, it’s my greatest pleasure! :smile: Be sure to PM me on there too, I’d love to get to know you! :yum:

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t know any, a lot of them will have been taken down because episode seem to be removing stories like that. But there is this book (An actual book) that I really like and it is about a boy losing his mother and feeling bad for wanting his pain to go away. I think that would fit what you are looking for. It is called A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness if anyone is interested in it. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes
Stories I KnowWhich Raise Awareness for Mental Health/Illness/Disability/Other

5 Likes

I’ll look it up thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the tag but I don’t know any other stories than the one mentioned by @juliewrites Sorry!!

2 Likes

No worries!

1 Like

Wow, thanks so much! Fortunately ive never read any of these so I can binge while I procrastinate on my DL entry :smile: I Need A Therapist and The Big Great sound the most interesting at the moment, ty!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! :grin:

1 Like

Hey, thanks for tagging me :wink:

Some of my recommendations have already been posted, but I would add these, especially Speak. It’s probably my favorite story on the whole App. The Ink version is completed, but the Limelight version is a LOT better.
The Triangle is really good, but it’s in Spotlight. Choices do matter.
Fire and Ice is great, but it hasn’t been updated in probably a year.

4 Likes

Rituals by Gabi

2 Likes

The Big Great by @sugarfoot.stories on IG
The novel is also there for this story in Ebook and paperback format
Amazing story you will fall in love with the characters

1 Like