Story Review Process

How do I submit my story for review? :smile:

Can you please, let us know what is the estimated time of getting it back? It would help to plan our releases in general. It doesn’t need to be a date, but we would like to know if it’s more like 1 month, 4 months, 1 year? Please, be transparent with us. You need to know if it takes around half a year or less/more

21 Likes

Hi @Liz ,
Thank you for being more transparent about the review process.

Can you clarify if stories are actually being reviewed in the order in which they are received, or is there any reason that certain stories may be delayed in review?

I submitted two stories the same time and received the review for one almost two weeks ago and no word on the other.

Thank you xx

4 Likes

Ummmm…
in English, please?!

This is all technical speak to me!

3 Likes

Can you check and verify that you are on the most recent version of the app? Right now it should be version 11.7.

@Liz Yes I am (It says 11.71 which I assume is the same thing)
I had four stories reviewed over a week ago. Two were put back on the ranks yesterday but two were not (and those two were reviewed first). I emailed back the reviewer who did the two stories that didn’t show up, and they said that there is no reason for the stories to not be there.
I’m not the only one experiencing this, so I guess I’m just worried that some stories may have “fallen through the cracks” instead of getting put back on the ranks after being reviewed.

5 Likes

Children under the age of 16 cannot be the focus, including any context of overlays and backgrounds (e.g. a closeup of a child on a swing)

On covers.

3 Likes

Thank goodness, especially with the email debacle. I still have to wait for the email for my stories

1 Like

I have a question about how this will impact future contests. Would Episode need extra time to review EVERY entry before they make the call for the winners? New writers would have a hell of a time trying to get noticed this way.

15 Likes

Im sorry but you lost me. So will stories below 100 be in leaderboard? And do stories below 100 needed to be review or should we wait till we reach 100 so episode will review it automatically? What happens to stories that reach 100 in a day or two then back below 100?

1 Like

Yeah, no, no way anyone’s publishing any new stories with this…

Let me know when things go back to normal. :running_woman:t2:

7 Likes

Hey Liz,

I see that this was already addressed but we haven’t got any answer. So my understanding is that new stories won’t be reviewed unless they reach the top 100, which means many stories will never show up in the trending. Is that right? Because if yes, please reconsider this. Small authors are already having a hard time to get their stories noticed and this will really just make things even worse.
I don’t consider myself a small author, I personally get a decent amount of reads day by day, and still, even my stories rarely can reach/stay in the top 100, so I can imagine that it’s basically impossible for some others.

35 Likes

No offense but this is getting ridiculous at this point

17 Likes

Question, @Liz
You say that the stories that hit the top 100 will be automatically be reviewed, in that case, my story was in the top 100’s when the first post about the guidelines was made and not too long, but I haven’t heard anything. :woozy_face:

I agree with you, Annie. This feels like a huge screw you being shoved in our faces. This review process only benefits average and big authors who don’t have to worry about anything since they have a large fanbase.

This needs an answer too because I also submitted that same week and I haven’t heard anything back at all.

17 Likes

This is stupid

15 Likes

Same. I put out a new episode in September, so my story bounced around between 60 and 90 for the past month. I also requested it be reviewed weeks ago. I haven’t heard anything, and now it’s down to 130, so I’m thinking it’s just a lost cause.

11 Likes

I might not be in the popular opinion about this, but I actually think it sounds great.

It’s no secret that authors with regular guideline violations in the past haven’t had incentive to be proactive about writing appropriate content. They would stay ranking high while in review, get a brief email about what to change, and off you go until the next time. This holds promise for giving actual consequences to content violations (and more importantly, incentive to behave) without going overkill.

Since it seems like they’re also going to be monitoring the trending section more regularly now, I’m hopeful that this new tech might set up a strong, new normal and help complete the reviews they’re behind on.

11 Likes

I asked for review after the first anouncment. I got it last week and did the change which was requested (I missed to censor one word) . So the review ticket was closed sucesfully. But the story is still invisible on the app.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow::disappointed_relieved::disappointed:
Why is it not brought bact to the genre section? Especially now when you say it is automatized?

5 Likes

Thanks for the announcement Liz! Does this mean there will be a review section for our stories and when someone reviews it we get a notification via email?

1 Like

Yeah The same with me… It make no sense… How hard it can be to put story back online after sucesfull review? I bet it is one button push… So why they do not do it?

2 Likes