Story Reviews! (Advice, Tips)

Hi @aprilish, I just finished your first chapter! Hope this feedback is helpful. :star:

Characters
I really liked the characters in your story. The main character seemed very realistic and was entertaining to watch. You made the relationships seem very natural, therefore again making the characters more lifelike.

Plot
I felt the pace of your first chapter was really good, every scene felt necessary and it added to the story. I would recommend to make the world feel more realistic, explaining where Arion’s world fits in with Leslie’s. Is he in the same country? What country does the Queen rule over? Establishing this in the first chapter will make it easier for readers to follow the plot and make the world more realistic.

Choices
You had loads of choices throughout your first chapter. Your choices included character customisation, dialogue and actions. This made your story feel very interactive and personal to the reader.

Directing
I really liked your directing throughout the first chapter. You had great zooms, pans and transitions. Your animations were very entertaining to watch and made the chapter very realistic. I liked the use of weather effects as this allow made the story more entertaining visually.

Others
I think you have a really strong description, there is enough questions and hooks that it made me want to find out more. I love the music used in your story as this added another element to the story.

I hope this feedback is helpful. I really enjoyed your first chapter. Good luck writing.:star:

1 Like

Hi @mikio_writes, I just finished your first chapter! Hope this feedback is helpful. :star:

Characters
I really liked the characters in your story, I found them very entertaining to read. However I would recommend you try to introduce characters more clearly to readers. This would make the story easier to understand.

Plot
I think you have a really unique concept and I loved the idea. I really your pacing in the first chapter, this made the story move along at a good rate. I would recommend, giving information to readers at a slower rate and also building the world naturally. This will make the unique world easier to grasp for readers.

Choices
You had a lot of choices, although they were only limited to one option (the same outcome). This was very entertaining to feel involved in your characters controlling their abilities. However, in future I would add some options that make the reader feel as if they are altering either the dialogue or action of the story. This will make your story more personal.

Directing
The directing in your first chapter was really good. I thought the transitions, animations and character actions were brilliant. They added to the story visually. I would recommend on using some more wider shots as there was an abundance amount extreme close ups. (e.g Jade fighting the bartender). I feel this would help the viewer to feel less restricted. I loved the use of overlays, and the levitating!

Others
I like the music and sound effects used in the story. I liked the introduction to the story and the creative way of informing us about the history of the Divinus.

I hope this feedback is helpful. Good luck writing.:star:

1 Like

Thanks. I will keep this in mind. My story wasn’t supposed to be choice based. Just to let you know

Thanks

1 Like

@Rebecca_478 thank you so much for your feedback. I will definitely keep your advice in mind.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Rebecca! I’m glad you enjoyed my story. Unfortunately, my whole story revolves around the world Arion comes from (it’s a fictitious place, by the way) and thus I can’t reveal more about it until the very end. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

Thank you once again for your feedback! Have a lovely day. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hi, I would love some tips & advice! Here’s my story. :sparkling_heart:

Story Name: Dying Love
Author Name: Elle C
Description: Love at first sight. Denver and Cassandra are soul mates, and they know it. Their love is so pure, raw, and real. But all good things must come to an end.
Warning, this story is very chick flick-y, nicholas sparks-y
Link: https://www.episodeinteractive.com/s/4963876238393344
Cover: image

Hey, thanks for creating this thread! I just published my new story a few days ago. I’d love some feedback on it :blush:

Title: Maybe Someday
Genre: Romance
Author: Akanksha S.
Style: Ink
Episodes: 4
Description: When Kinsley moves to Italy for the chance of a lifetime, she leaves behind Neil, who’s been in love with her since their childhood. What happens when she finally returns? ~Male MC~
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4911752269922304 2
Cover: Maybe%20Someday%20Small%20Cover

Kindly read my story, I would love some review :slight_smile:

Here is the description of my story :slight_smile:

Title : Paradise
Author : Maggy

Genre : Fantasy
Style : Limelight
Number of episodes : 10 (more episodes coming soon)
Instagram : maggy.episode

Description : A young adult called Fidelia is about to become a Goddess, she has to follow the prophecy. Fidelia is strong and independent, fun, and a crazy party girl. Will she accept her faith?

Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4807228412788736

No problem, glad the feedback was helpful. Really enjoyed your story. :star:

1 Like

ROMANCE/STALKER/THRILLER
coverart42

Coverartpic2

Title: Love Me, CONTROL Me
Author: OhhGlam92
Episodes: 14 (Not Completed)
Genre: Romance/Thriller
Description: Your ex-love is sensing something eerie about your seductive new beau. Can you come to your senses before it’s too late? Or is the intensity all you’ve ever wanted? !NEW JUNE 2018!
LINK to the story: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6558546852052992

If anyone can read and give me feedback, it’s greatly appreciated! I have a lot of fun writing this! It’s a fun, guilty pleasure story, so I just need some fun and laid back feedback/reviews/critiques. If you really love the story, please share it wherever you can!
The story is continuing and it’s going to gradually get more and more intense. Thrillers are right up my alley! If you like full on romance, a dash of comedy, with thrill and suspense, you’ll love this story!

Thank you so much! :grin:

The Best Stories Are Worth Sharing: The mermaid’s love

Checkout this story, on the Episode App! If you like it, support the story by passing it along!

Story name: Teacher or Queen?
Author name: Mystique
Description: After years of searching she had finally found them. Can she get close them? Her destiny is about to change forever. What will she choose?
*Only first TWO episodes out!
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5874052041146368
Cover:

Thank you :blush:

This is my story:

LOVEAHOLIC, THE MAN OF MY DREAMS

[with music and sounds]

Author name: CJM

Story Description: In your dreams you will meet your true love. You would do anything to make your dream come true. Does he really exist?

Genre: Romance, Drama

Why should I give this story a read: I’m still busy writing this story. I add a lot of new backgrounds and overlays to make this story amazing. It is a Limelight story with music and sounds to give you more reading fun. More episodes coming soon.

So, if you like it thus far? Please read my story and you know exactly what I mean.

Chapters: 6 episodes (ongoing)

My story: SWEET PERFECTION
Author: Shweta Mehra
Genre: Romance
Story style: Ink
Description: After breaking up, Sierra moves on to a happy single life, but what happens when she falls for “THE NERD” and her ex coming back to her life. CharacterCustomization
Episodes: 3 (more coming soon)
Instagram: @shweta_episode
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5947516399779840

_x9_posterThumb_uqDFjboF2b

Moved to Share Feedback since this is for reviews. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to ask me if there are any questions. :wink:

Tittle : Search for love
Author: S.writes
Genre : Drama
Episodes : 14 ( more coming soon)
Description:Your life turns upside down when you try to escape from a toxic situation! Can you find the love you are looking for trying to escape?
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5548786201264128
Cover:

1 Like

My story: Thriller: Tribe of Malapinchi
Author: Jannah Jackson
Genre: Thriller
Story style: All the 3 episode styles: LIMELIGHT, INK, Classic & Spotlight (for all 3 styles)
Description: Toss into a land of the sun, magic, lies and dark secrets. Can you make sense of the havoc you were tossed into and save everyone before it’s too late? CharacterCustomization
Episodes: 5
Instagram: @jannahjackson
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288

Tribe%20of%20Malapinchi%20Cover%202

Name: The fragments of the past

Author: Kate B

Instagram name: kateb_episode

Description: After a tragedy Lily is not the same, will she ever believe in love again?

Chapters: 3

Genre: Action/ romance

Style: Ink

Link: