Story Reviews / Help

Hello there!

Need your story reviewed for honest opinions about plot? Maybe you’ve hit a wall and don’t know what direction you want to take your story, or if the pacing is right. Or, maybe you got a good idea and need help fleshing it out a bit!

You’re in the right place then!

A little about me:

Background:
So I’ve been obsessed with writing for a long while, mainly YA romance and fantasy with some horror elements. I have roughly twenty rough drafts sitting around that I never felt were quite right enough to publish because they fell in a sort of grey area of being polished enough and still being drafts…and then I came across Episode Interactive, and thought - how freaking cool!

I’m in the process of putting those stories onto here and learning just how to do that. The learning process is going a bit slow between learning how this all works and studying for my master’s degree, so shortly I’ll be asking a TON of questions about directing on here. So, seeing as I’ll be taking a lot from the community, I figured I could contribute and lend a hand where I could with what I know best!

What I can do for you:
So my specialties are story writing, pacing, general character development and structure development. I can help with any of these things! I work best with romance, as that’s where most of my work has been in, but I can lend a hand with other genres too.

~If you’ve published and need an eye to read through what you have up, go ahead and fill this form out:

Story name:
Author name:
Number of chapters:
_Elaborate where you need help (Does the plot feel like it’s moving? Just need a general review of how it sounds? Does the dialogue sound okay?). The more thorough you are in asking what you need, the better I can help you! _:
Do you want the critique posted here or through a PM?:

I give pretty in-depth reviews, so if you’re looking for a couple of paragraphs of observations, questions, and suggestions, that I’m your girl!

~If you haven’t published, I can still help!
Have an idea and want help fleshing it out?
Need advice on how to progress in a story that you’re stuck on?
Gotten complaints or bad reviews about certain story or plot aspects of your work and don’t know how to correct them?
You got a bunch of ideas but have no idea how to organize them?
Need someone to help walk you through building up a story structure?

Yup! I can help!
Just shoot me a PM and I’ll help however I can!

I’m also on discord: ATingeTwisted #8550. Feel free you PM me there and we can work through that as well if that’s easier for you, but shoot me a PM here to tell me so I know to check, lol.

How fast am I at getting back to you? I keep really weird hours, but I’ll usually respond within 24 hours.

4 Likes

Omg I was looking for someone like you for a long time :joy:

Story name: Dreams and Nightmares
Author name: Dreamer
Number of chapters: 16 published ones (on hold, but only till December)
Elaborate where you need help: I’m not sure if the readers get the feelings I want them to have. Or if the characters are well enough explained. I’m just not sure if people get what I want to say in general :joy: How do they feel while reading, what do they think will happen, do they get the little hints, do they understand the MC and feel the same way or not? There’s just a big question mark in my head
Do you want the critique posted here or through a PM?: Whatever is easier for you, both is okay for me.

Please take you time, I know these reviews can take some hours/days/weeks :joy:
And if you need any help with your stories (directing, etc) don’t hesitate to ask me, I think I can help you with most of it! :slight_smile: Just Pm me or tag me in a thread if you need me

I would love to!

Genre: Adventure/Fantasy/Comedy (If that makes sense)
Title: Save Me, Hero!
Author: Turtle Cat!
Plot/Summary: After powerless Hero moves from a town where everyone has superpowers, she gets kidnapped by a group of fugitives who are forcing her to join them. What will she do?
Style: Ink
I published this a few days ago, so it only has 3 episodes
Cover:

HERE’S THE LINK!
Thanks so much! I hope you like it and take your time.:heart:
Posted through pm please.

Title: A Criminal’s Love
Author: episode.vel (also IG name)
Genre: Romance
Chapters: 11

*I dont know if my description, describes my story well. Ans i want to know if my readers do understand what is going on
I’ll really appreciate it
Plot
Salerno twins & Davinci brothers
SHE WAS THE POISON HE DRANK…SHE WAS HIS NIGHTMARE
CAN SHE BE HIS CURE WHEN THINGS GET ROCKY FOR HER??
Love,Betrayal, Brokenhearts, Hate

Story name: My Best Friend Next Door
Author name: Marina
Number of chapters: 19 (ongoing)
Elaborate where you need help
A general review would be great, I feel like my writing got better (maybe it hasn’t) as I continued to publish chapters, but I know I definitely have room for improvement. I know my story is definitely a cliche and I guess having someone else’s opinion would be awesome.

Also if you could pm me the review, that would be great! Thank you so much for starting this thread!

Tittle: Agent 24
Author: annabel
Genre: Action
Episodes: 4 episode (just published lol)
Description: You look like an angel, but you’re a devil. A ruthless assassin. What happens when someone just as crazy and maybe a little bit more psycho then you who decides to mess with you?

unnamed%20(1)
unnamed (1).jpg640x854 96.6 KB

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5746484085391360

:slight_smile:

Moved to Share Feedback since this is for reviews. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Story name: Still Silent
Author name: Ada Larke
Number of chapters: Just published 4th last night
Elaborate where you need help: Does the plot interest you? General review in how it sounds, etc. This is a story that I’ve been wanting to write for years, I decided to try it out on Episode. Any feedback is much appreciated! This is my first story (on Episode and in general), so I’m trying to figure things out.
Do you want the critique posted here or through a PM?: I’m good with either or :slight_smile:

TYSM in advance :heart:

1 Like

Story name: Teacher or Queen?
Author: Mystique
Chapters: 12
I would like to know your overall opinion on the story - how the plot develops and mostly how do you feel about character’s development and their stories. And also your thoughts and feelings as a reader through reading the story.
I would appreciate a PM with your opinion.

Tittle : Search for love
Author: S.writes
Genre : Drama
Episodes: 18 ( more coming soon)
Description: Your life turns upside down when you try to escape from a toxic situation.Can you find the love you’re looking for trying to escape?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5548786201264128
Cover :

I love to

Collage_Day_jP_posterThumb_F8a9YcLA0T

Author: R.es.story
Genre: Romantic
Style: Limelight
Rumia is on her first year in college and trying to make new friends.On her first day …a guy suddenly appear in the window next to her. Who is that guy?
Episodes: 3 (Ongoing)
Instagram: @r.es_story

LINK: http://www.episodeinteractive.com/s/6654672001630208

My story: Thriller: Tribe of Malapinchi
Author: Jannah Jackson
No. of chapters: 5 and counting
Elaborate where you need help:

1. See which areas would be good to place for choices
  2. Is the plot alright? Engaging and understandable? Would it hook readers? Which part of the plot did you not like nor understand?
  3. Language-wise ok? Grammar, vocab, punctuations and sentence structure.
    Critique to be posted via PM
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288
    Cover:

Tribe%20of%20Malapinchi%20Cover%202