Story Reviews! (I'll read your story)[CLOSED FOR REVIEWS]

SORRY I’M SLOW WITH THE REVIEWS.

I’m working on other stuff at the moment :exclamation:

*********:no_entry_sign: No more submissions! Sorry. :no_entry_sign: **********

I’m no longer taking submissions for review at the moment, since I have a backlog of stories to review.

If your story isn’t in the list below, I most likely will not get to it.

You are still welcome to post so others can see your submission to possibly do a R4R (read for read)!

Promote your story & get reviews here!

Hey y’all,

I just paid for the unlimited tickets on Episode for thirty days, so I figured why not help some authors out this month by giving them reviews?

Not gonna lie, the coronavirus got me staying home like a hermit :crab: and I’ve got a raging fever… cabin fever. I’m sure some of you are staying home from work, from school, etc. to escape the ongoing pandemic, allowing you freetime to create episodes + read episode stories.

Of course, I don’t have an endless amount of time (since I still have to work), but I will still try to make time to read your stories and give you an honest review.

Feel free to check mines out if you’d like (this is not an R4R – you don’t have to feel pressured to read my story at all! I am A-Okay with that):

My Story

Title: Being Sydney
Author: foxderp
Instagram: foxderp.creates
Description: Sydney, a sheltered eighteen year-old high school outcast, finally gets the courage to ask out the popular Noah, her four-year crush, to prom. A coming of age story about a young woman’s journey battling lookism and the numerous societal expectations of the growing youth.
Genre: Drama
Chapters: 3 (unfinished)
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4724744472297472

Anywayyyyyyyy, this thread also doubles as a Promote Your Story type, so make sure you fill out some info below so others can preview as well:

Story Name:
Author:
Genre:
Summary:
Cover:

Review option: What would you like me to review? Writing, directing, writing + directing, OR no review at all (you just want your story view count up…)

Would you like me to PM you the review or reply to you here?:

ALSO: I would like to make it clear that if your story is more than 5 episodes long, I may not finish it (sorry). I will, however, read the first 5 episodes! This is so I can have enough time to read other people’s stories.

I’ll keep a running list below and mark the stories as I complete them:

Legend:

Emoji Progress
:white_check_mark: Read + Reviewed
:open_book: Currently Reading
:x: Still Unread

List:

# Story Author Progress
0 Being Sydney foxderp :white_check_mark:
1 Necromancers Madhu :white_check_mark:
2 No More Shell Isabella Mason :white_check_mark:
3 Unfit for Royalty Isabella Mason :white_check_mark:
4 Magicka: Just a Game passionfruit :white_check_mark:
5 Blackbird Licorice :white_check_mark:
6 Magicka: Witches Aren’t Real Raven Writes :open_book:
7 Contractual Silence Carlita B. :open_book:
8 The Only Exception Amelia :x:
9 Reality Behind Glasses Tsukino :x:
10 Magicka: Your Chakra Maggy :x:
11 60 Minutes Ahead Anna :x:
12 Master of Elements AnjitaD :x:
13 Gaudium Alifah :x:
14 Magicka: Dark Star Silver Lady :x:
15 Forbidden Love Lili Star :x:
16 Oblivious Mary-Jay :x:
17 Diamond’s Keeper Tulipsode :x:
18 Magicka: Nathaniel – The Power of Light Auremiol :x:
19 Life in Demby Megz_episode :x:
20 The Last Tale lastsnowfall :x:
21 Secrets SarcasticGenie :x:
22 The Unexpected Now Jade :x:
23 Pathway to Reality Victoriaecs :x:
24 Agent 66: Born to Kill xoRoséxo :x:
25 Gold Leaf High MTB :x:
26 The Shaper of Destiny Julianne :x:
27 Breaking Boundaries Faith Rose :x:
28 Magicka: Chosen Ellen C :x:
11 Likes

Hey ya! I would love a review!

Story Name: Necromancers
Genre: Fantasy
Summary:
This story is about two siblings who are born as necromancers. Necromancers are people dealing with the dead by using magic. They fight demons and other evil creature so as to maintain peace in the world. They have a life of training but everything starts to turn upside down right after their mother’s death. Unknown things become known. Evil creatures are starting to take over. It’s up to them to handle it this time and they dont know if they are ready for it. Yet they too have personal lives since they are being hunted down by someone and they are in hiding. The one mistake in their past does this all. Will they be able to figure it out and fight the storm that’s coming towards them. Read to find out.
Cover:

Review option: In all aspects except grammar and choices.
Would you like me to PM you the review or reply to you here?: here is fine with me

I hope you like and enjoy reviewing it!

2 Likes

I have two stories:
Title: No More Shell
Author: Isabella Mason
Description: This is a true story about my life with Selective Mutism. Follow my story and do things I wish I had done. Will Bella finally conquer her fears? Or will she suffer in silence?
Number of Chapters Out: 4 (not finished yet)
Style: Limelight
Reads: 43
Cover:

Title: Unfit For Royalty
Author: Isabella Mason
Description: 18 Years after being left at a train station, Lilac is sent back to her hometown for a crazy reason with twists and turns along the way.
Number of Chapters Out: 5 (all episodes are out)
Genre: Comedy/Adventure
Reads: 39
Cover:
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 1.47.57 pm

1 Like

I would love a review.

Details

Story Name: Magicka: Just a Game
Author: passionfruit
Summary: Virtual worlds give us the ability to leave reality behind, forget about our struggles and embrace a new life. But what happens when the virtual world isn’t quite that virtual?
Cover:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5413869090701312

Review option: writing + directing
Would you like me to PM you the review or reply to you here?: PM (so I definitely see it)

1 Like

Thank you for doing this <3

Story Name: Blackbird
Author: Licorice
Genre: Action
Summary: Being her personal assistant isn’t the only thing Chase’s new boss has in mind for him. Secrets of the underworld begin to unveil, and not everything is exactly as it seems.
Cover:

Review option: writing + directing, subjective comments are also appreciated xD
Would you like me to PM you the review or reply to you here?: here

2 Likes

Hey there! Would love if you could check mine out and I would love a review if you have the chance and I don’t mind it being on this thread x
Also I will definitely be checking yours out too :two_hearts:

Title: Magicka: Witches Aren’t Real

Author: Raven Writes (@RavenWrites)

Description: They said your mother was crazy. But they were wrong. She was the only one who saw them coming. The witches are here and they are on a hunt…

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4677352126873600 1

Cover:

1 Like

Author: Carlita B.
Genre: Action( drama, romance etc)
Story: Contractual Silence
Description: Set up to marry a corrupt billionaire by her rich parents to secure an alliance. Maureen falls for an airplane pilot with a dark secret. Can this pilot be bought?CC/ART
SCENES/LL
Episodes: 1-6 (Seven is being worked on! More to come!)

1 Like

Hi :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you so much for this thread!

Title - The Only Exception

Author - Amelia

Instagram - @ameliamason.episode

Genre - Romance/Drama

Style - Limelight

Number of Episodes - 7 (to be continued)

Description - Raised by parents in a loveless marriage, Alice grew up believing that she could never stay in love. Can her walls ever be broken? Or will her cynical attitude chase everyone away?

Review option: Your opinions on it :slight_smile:

Link - http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6579476002308096

You can write your review here :slight_smile:

Im sorry you’re not feeling well :frowning:. Get well soon!:heart:
I’d love to get your honest review! :hugs:
So here’s my story:
Title: Reality behind Glasses
Genre: Drama, Romance
Episodes: 4(more coming soon)
Description: Layla returns back home to reunite with her childhood friends - disguised as a guy! But on her first day in school, she’s exposed by one of her classmates! [LL,CC, Art,Choices M]
Review on writing, directing, your own opinion :hugs:
I would like to get my review here.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5385205688631296

hi! thank you for this thread :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m looking into improving my story so I would like a review (writing + directing) and to PM it to me?
60 MINUTES AHEAD by Anna
Episodes; 3/ongoing
Genre: Adventure
Style: LL
You volunteer to be the first human to test time travel, only going an hour forward with time. But when you leave travel pod, all other humans are gone. CC
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5951939237445632
Cover:

Thank you for doing this.
Author: AnjitaD
Title: Master of elements
Episodes: 3(more coming soon)
Description: Will you and your friends able to save the world from darkness as you uncover secrets back 500 years ago ? ( MC: F, time choices points system, adventure, fantasy, mystery and action )
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5576198820528128

I hope you like and enjoy reviewing it! :blush:

I’d love some review, please!

Story Name: Gaudium
Author: Alifah
Genre: Sci-Fi (but I put it under the Fantasy category)
Summary: Living in Gaudium isn’t easy, so when you’re left with your dead brother’s life-changing responsibility and making a deal with an enigmatic person who’s off-limits, what do you do?
Cover:

Review option: writing + directing

Would you like me to PM you the review or reply to you here?: here

Thank you in advance! :heart:

Story Name: the Red Curtain (male MC; LGBTQ+)
Author: Grottino
Summary: You are a teenage boy trying to find your own voice in lyrical opera, friendship, love, sexuality and family.
It all started 2 years ago, the night you came out…
Cover:

Review option: Characters, Storyline, Directing, Grammar

2 Likes

Greetings! Thank you for this thread. I would very much appreciate a review for my latest story. I’d like to get the review via PM please. :grin:

Title: Magicka: Dark Star
Author: Silver Lady
Style: LL
Description: Lyal was born under a dark star, an omen of evil and death . Will she rage against the dying of her light? Or will she embrace her dark destiny? (choices matter, 4 endings).
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5969712374808576
Cover:

Hi there!
Thank you for this :two_hearts:

Story name: Forbidden Love
Author: Lili Star
Genre: Romance and comedy
Summary (this is the story caption): Princess Amanda never thought that she would have feelings for a girl, which is forbidden. Until she met Vanessa, the gorgeous sister of prince Roberto who she has to marry.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4671279079948288
Review option: Characters, storyline and directing :blush:
Cover:
85459d7379d64121a3654c169dbe715654cd2342_2_362x499

1 Like

Thank you for this!

Title: Magicka: Witches Aren’t Real

Author: Raven Writes (@RavenWrites)

Description: They said your mother was crazy. But they were wrong. She was the only one who saw them coming. The witches are here and they are on a hunt…

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4677352126873600 1

Cover:

Story Name: Oblivious
Author: Mary-Jay
Genre: Drama (Romance)
Summary: When the love these best friends have for each other becomes stronger, they have two options. Pursue it, or act oblivious.
Cover:

Review option: Writing + Directing, some comment on the plot would also be helpful.

Would you like me to PM you the review or reply to you here: You can reply here.

STORY (It hasn’t been released yet, I’d like some commentary before I release it): http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5341671973453824

PS: You don’t have to read all three episodes, I’d be fine with you reading the first one as it shouldn’t take too long.

I’d love a review
This is my new story:
Story Name: DIAMOND’S KEEPER
Author: Tulipsode
Genre: Adventure
Episodes: 3
Description: Far away in the universe, there is the diamond planet, where the king is hungry for power, will you be able to stop him? (Male MC, CC, Choices matter,+3LI, LGBT+ option)
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5546434510389248
Story Cover:

Review option: What would you like me to review? Writing + directing, storyline

Would you like me to PM you the review or reply to you here?:You can pm me here or on instagram @tulipsode

Would you like to check out my Magicka contest entry: Magicka: Nathaniel - The Power of Light

Author: Auremiol
Description: Nathaniel is the Master of Dark Magic, criminal and assassin. He only cares about his crew and twin sister. Until one ordinary gig turns his life upside down.(Male MC, CC, Choices Matter, 1Li)
Chapters: 3 chapters out. More coming soon!
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4543443501907968

I would love to have a review too, with both options I guess! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: And through PM! :heart_eyes:

Hello Madhu! I’ve just completed all five episodes of your story :sparkles:

What I enjoyed:

First off, I would like to say great job on the directing! Your use of overlays is spectacular, and the disappearance of the characters when they transport is very cool.
I also liked your plot. I haven’t seen many necromancer stories, and tbh, I have not really known what kind of creatures they were. But after reading this story, I have a clearer view. I felt like the characters were real and they all had problems/issues they needed to address and deal with, so it’s a realistic story in that sense.

Criticism:

Please note: My criticism is based on my own opinions, whether or not you agree with them is entirely up to you. If you disagree, that’s fine. I hope you choose not to be offended. :smile: If you are, my sincerest apologies.

Directing: In the first episode, you’re get to choose an outfit for Eve. However, when the user makes a selection, we don’t get to see it clearly before another choice (“Do you choose this outfit”) pops up back on the screen.

Here is where the problem is:

The fix is as simple as just use @pause for 5 after the the first choice appears, so the user has time to actually see the outfit in selection.

Another thing, I felt the music went on a little too long during certain scenes where a pause from the music, or a change of songs, should have occured to make the story more enjoyable. An example of this would be in the third episode during the serpent fighting scene.

Writing:
Not sure if this relates to the grammar I’m supposed to exclude, but I think using contractions in your sentences (I am -> I’m, I will -> I’ll, etc) will make your dialogue sound more natural.

Another thing, I felt Daniela’s attraction to Eve was a bit forced and instant. Like, she had just met her but she was already interested in her romantically, which made me feel like it was kind of… unnatural. Unlike with Kyro, he flirted with her first and the reader could sense the budding chemistry there.

Last few words:

Overall, great job and I hope you continue! :heart: I ship Kyro with Eve because he’s a baddie :laughing: And I like that he is a hybrid. :sweat_drops:

1 Like