Story without content: how many reads can we get? (experiment)

Hey everyone, I decided to write a story that has basically nothing in it.

TITLE: Line 400

EPISODES: 1 (read the whole thing without any passes!)

Reasons why I wrote this:
-Many amazing stories out there have far fewer reads than others with consistently awful spelling ad grammar. Therefore, I want to just throw this out there as an experiment! It could go poorly, but there’s nothing to lose :slightly_smiling_face:
-I was inspired by interpretations of Cage’s 4’33’’, so my other goal is for people to be able to just relax, think, and… tap the screen? haha

NOTE: You get music choices in case you get bored!

ALSO, since episode 2 is a loop of E1, this story will only get one read per person. It would be awesome if you would help share this story to get as many reads as possible!

Thanks!!

9 Likes

Congratulations on what must be the first Cage reference on these forums :smiley: Great idea, way to go!

1 Like

Haha, thanks so much! :slight_smile:

How many reads so far?

2 or 3 I think

You should have called it something like “Pregnant by the Bad Boy Gangster Teacher” :joy:.I 'd be curious to know how many people would click and read a crappy 400 line episode just because that was the title.

8 Likes

Good idea :smile: People might get mad and click away though :joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Exactly what I was thinking.

2 Likes

Lol well if you ever decide to do another experiment, you could use a title like that with a basic cover and write some really bad generic 200 line episode (and fill in the blanks) and see how many people read it and how many “whenz th3 n3x+ 3p!sode??? ur story is so good” fanmails you get.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ll consider doing that someday! There are already parodies out there though, so I’ll have to make it unique in some way :slight_smile:

Seriously though, those “Pregnant by…” stories get sooo many views!

1 Like

I love the idea and I’m curious to know how many reads you’ll get.
I’m gonna read it, haha. :joy:

1 Like

Thanks so much! :slight_smile:
I hope you’ll enjoy :joy:

I only have 7ish reads so far, but I think it’s because people have to completely finish the chapter before it counts as a read.

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: