Story writing tips/story detail tips (i need some serious help bois)

HEy fam :purple_heart:. im getting hecka stressed and frustrated :confounded: :disappointed_relieved:. I have a RLLY good idea for a story but im struggling with the details of it :see_no_evil: I just wanna know how ya’ll get ideas for your story. I have a pretty good general idea of the story but when it comes to the details…sis…just no. im blanking. I rlly wanna know how ya’ll come up with ideas and how you keep the reader interested/guessing. Another thing (yes im not done. oop. ) How the frick can some readers be so damn descriptive and good with wording??? and be so good at coding? (im pretty average at it) I literally do not have one creative bone in my body and im starting to think writing isnt for me :frowning_face: but i rlly want it to be and thats the frustrating part. Ive tried to write a story MULTIPLE times but I always lowkey yet highkey hate it. Someone pls send Christ himself. Hes the only one that can fix this mess called me :joy: . i dont even know what kind of advice/tips im looking for at this point but i bet anything would help my headassss.

3 Likes

I don’t know how to help you because I’m in the same situation
Maybe I can read something you wrote and gave you some opinions :slight_smile:

1 Like

I deleted all the other stuff i wrote. oop. maybe we can help each other! feel free to dm me. :sparkling_heart:

Writing can be for anybody! One thing I’ve learnt is to not over stress yourself because it just makes things worse lmao (I’m no expert but) my advice to you would be is to jot down your ideas, story planning is not always for everybody for example, I’m always in the same situation as you. I always plan my characters but when it comes to the story itself I struggle. I may have a beginning but then I can never think further on which is why I find it a little easy to write my episodes as I go. However, planning a little before hand is very helpful. Even if it’s planning things for characters such as, their full names, surnames, age, family members, likes/dislikes, where they are living and what is their personality like. Things that can also help you create new ideas is being outdoors for fresh air just to think, taking showers, watching movies/series, inspiration from other authors, dreams, music and your own imagination. Lmao I know this was long but I hoped it helped because I know what it feels like to over stress yourself and it’s not healthy :cupid:

2 Likes

Okay first off, please marry me. :joy: You’re so sweet wtf. Second this helped tons!! I always plan my characters perfectly but never put too much thought into my stories. These are some great tips. fucking queen. :clap:t2::clap:t2: :sparkling_heart: (also sweet name :wink::joy:)

1 Like

Haha I’m happy I could help :joy::joy: Also I just realised your username to… so hey boooo​:nerd_face: I hope these tips can help because I’m always in the same situation as you and not everything works for everybody, like you always see people say “Just plan!!!” But some people are different to others like for example, planning to me literally means write an essay :joy: because realistically you got to write your beginning to end of the story and that will take a hella of a lot of time plus it’s boring so just stick to planning your characters and just a little about your beginning then just go with the flow don’t plan as much or stress to much because that will mess things up but I mean yeah! Everybody is different when it comes to writing, I hope you get new ideas for your story and do well :cupid:

1 Like

Thank you!! You as well. If you have a story out i’d love to read it. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::cowboy_hat_face:

MUSIC!! Best tip – play indie especially bands like Blossoms they always have epic stories and ideas for characters/scenes in the lyrics. Also try understated films and music videos!!

2 Likes

Lately, I’ve given up with stressing so I’ve been acting calm and chill and for some reason things feel like it’s going to be okay when I feel that way lmao, I’ve done so much stressing in life that I’ve never really felt what it would like to be calm :joy: Like for example, I’m kinda stressing but also chill because I’m considering in joining the new episode contest but that’s up to time, If everything goes according to plan then hopefully I do enter but for now I’ve sorted things out I’m just writing up my first episode and not gonna lie it’s hard when it comes to directing so another tip of advice I could give you is for your first story the easy way to learn is to watch YouTube tutorials from Joseph Evans (he also has a sight called Episodelife.com for backgrounds/overlays, advice and script templates !! He’s helped me a lot over the past years and so have friends. But one thing that can also help is to always use people’s script templates at first and credit because when you have a look at their templates it gives you an idea on how to do it !

1 Like

Great idea!! I usually listen to something punk or emo :joy::sweat_smile:. I’ll give them a listen for sure. I’m always looking for new music. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Yay! Thank u sm!! You’ve seriously been a great help. God is p r o u d. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

YOUR WELCOME !!!:cupid::cupid: x (Happy I could help ;)) )

1 Like

I’m obsessed with underrated rock/metal! There’s To The Rats and Wolves , Matt Maeson , Noah Kahan I could go on and on but check them out you won’t regret it!! :joy::kiss:

2 Likes

Pm me anytime! I’m always looking for a good conversation/friend! :kissing_heart::star_struck:

1 Like

Eeeek thank uuuu! I love metal! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Of course, I will be kinda busy with this story and all but when I find some free time I will try and pm xoxo

1 Like

sounds good!

Long response but I hope some of it is useful!

i feel you on this! ive never been able to finish a story (in general not just episode) but with my first episode story its my goal to finish it. everyone works differently but what’s helped motivate me and spark creativity is writing characters i have a passion for. write characters you care about. Even if you have to give them an interest that you’re interested in or give them a hobby you have, that’s a start. Also write about topics youre passionate about and what you want to share about the world. For example, I really love astrology and I feel like so many people don’t actually know what it is, and I wish more people knew about it, so I made my main character an astrologer and the readers learn surface level astrology through the main character talking to his clients and a minigame or two. It’s very hard for me to hate my main character now, how can I dislike him when he loves astrology more than I do?

Also ask yourself what lessons do you want people to learn? What do you want them to take from your story? If you write about things you love, things you want to teach readers, and characters you love, its harder to end up hating your story. When you write from the heart, it’ll be easier to write good, descriptive words in your story. Ever notice how its easier to write an essay on a topic you’re interested in vs a boring topic? Same thing pretty much.

About keeping people interested, think of conflicts you want to happen in your story. if youre out of ideas, there’s even story conflict generators online you can find and it’ll spit out story conflits until you find one you like. drama and curiosity keeps people reading. End your chapters on something related to the drama or conflict. If something exciting or interesting is about to happen, build up excitment for it and then make your readers wait until the next chapter to find out what it is.

I hope at least one thing from this helps, good luck with writing!:heart:

1 Like

Awwwww omg I love long responses. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank u sm for the advice. All i’ve ever heard is “take notes” “plan out your episodes” “listen to music” “go outside” but I’ve never heard this kind of advice before and a rlly rlly appreciate it. It’s a great idea!! I think this will help a lot. I’m super obsessed with vampires for some reason (I could watch all the Twilight movies twice a day and never get bored) and I had a really good idea for a story that involves vampires so I’m hoping my interest in them will keep me motivated. Thanks again for the advice it means a lot!! :heart: I’d love to pm and learn more about astrology sometime!! I’m always looking for new buds and you seem awesome!

2 Likes

Lol good luck if you write a vampire story! And I could talk anyone’s ear off about astrology :sweat_smile: Also I forgot to mention about planning your story, I know so many people stress planning it out, but as I said everyone works differently, and for me personally, planning just makes me overwhelmed and it makes me feel like my plan has to be set in stone. (sagittarius moon, gotta do things on a whim lol) So once i have a rough idea of my characters and themes I wanna cover, I just write as I go. I don’t think too far ahead and the more I set up now, the more the story writes itself. Like “oh, what if this character and the love interest got together before the mc does, ill have a cliff hanger with them kissing” or “i wanna add a new character, ill come up with a way for the friend group to meet them” suddenly ive got a new character arc to work on. If you don’t wanna stress about planning, you dont have to!

1 Like