Sooooo, I have a VERY low attention span ( ) so I won’t be able to write these stories that I think would be good but I can’ personally write. Feel free to do any of these ideas, and no credit nessicary. (Some of these may be sorta cliche but whatever) If you think you can do something with one of the stories, could you let me know so I can take it off the list so no one else can do it. I will be updating this regularly with more ideas my crazy mind can think of. And you don’t have to do these ideas exactly and instead do snippets of it, it is really up to you.
If you’re not looking for a full story but just a writing prompt, scroll to the bottom for some ideas.
The new format shows the genres’ to condense it down.
You built a treehouse for your young children only when one of your children are enjoying playing tea parties up high, it collapses, resulting in their untimely death. You must now deal with the guilt and grief whilst staying strong for your other children. One of your co-workers realises your struggle and offers to move in to help out, you soon get the feels and a strong connection is formed from your darkest days.
My Best Friend's Boyfriend
You’ve been best friends with her for so long, sharing everything, she is the first person you came out to. Until she brings home him, he’s glorious everything you have ever hoped for, only he is hers and not yours. That is until you and he is alone one night at a party, you are both drunk and having a great time. And then, he kisses you. Your best friend doesn’t know, you both keep it a secret and begin to fall for each other.
To me, I imagined the MC is a male who is openly gay, you can interpret it how you want but that is how I thought about it.
One Special Night
It is your wedding day, but you know that your husband to be isn’t right for you. He isn’t your soul mate. You ran away after the service with his brother, intent to make a new life for yourself. But then the man you married is found dead and you are the main suspect. You must prove your innocence but will you admit to being with his brother and prove you have an alibi or face the consequences of some else’s actions.
So plot twist, the brother is the one who killed the man you married.
Nightmares are dreams too
A young person strolling in the park late at night and sees a shooting star and wishes that her dreams will come true. It turns out whatever she dreams, the opposite will come true. She is in a relationship with a jokey, silly, immature young lad names Jack. She dreams that she meets him for the first time again in a dream and that day when she woke up she met a rich, handsome, mature business person who is the exact opposite of Jack, she has a battle of what she wants. You pick who she ends up being with, maybe both
Your a famous pop star who has an amazing reputation until a video is leaked on a drunken night of you kissing several men. You wake up to your reputation being ruined and a full scale operation to regain your public respect. You, your manager and your agent work together for this. You do develop love for 2 of the men you kiss that night and are therefore have to make a choice between the two whilst gaining your reputation.
You are drunk one night, sad and alone so decide to sign up for a dating show advertised on tv.
You wake up the next morning to an influx of emails from CBB telling you that an escort will be there to pick you up from your house and will take you to the filming site.
You are taken to a luxury caravan with only one bedroom and in the living room, 7 sexy singles wait for you.
Each night you have to take one of the singles in bed with you, your not allowed out of the caravan, except for dates that are arranged by the producers. Every two days you must eliminate one of the singles, and every 3 days, a new single enters the caravan. You must play risqué games, sexy times and intimate moments. The last person in the villa, you are forced to marry. Will you have a happy ending?
Project super human
A group of advanced young adults have applied for this experiment of going to the moon to see how they cope. The catch is though, the young adults have super abilities, such as very good hearing, amazing flexibility, crazy stamina, multi-lingual people. They all have different abilities. Another thing, the MC’s dad signed the MC up without them knowing because the dad works at the foundation. The people who are sending them up to mars are B.A.N.K (No one knows what it stands for). B.A.N.K is actually evil and is sending them up there to create a new superhuman race. So her father accidentally put her in immediate danger. I don’t know if this makes sense
A group of teens discover a dead body. They are a mixed group of people, not friends, not alike. 6 people who are completely different now need to come to a decision. Some of them want to tell people and get it over with, the others want to keep it a secret. The entire group eventually decide to keep it quiet and bury the body but then they get caught whilst burying the body and all 6 are taken into custody, it shows all of their POV’s of them being interrogated. They being released whilst they check for more evidence at the scene. One of them runs away and the others have to take the fall. One of the mean people in the group is names guilty, with the rest of the group being set free. The cliff hanger at the end is that the shy MC is the one that actually killed the person and you did it t frame the mean person of the group. *I hope this makes sense *
A mysterious package comes, you must keep it a secret from your smothering family. It’s a doll, one that talks. Your being watched by the dolls eyes. Something sinister is happening, the doll tells you that if you don’t pay then your seven secrets will be revealed (some of which you could go to jail for having). Your being blackmailed by a doll. You try to get the money but fail so the first secret is revealed, you steal money from your family to gamble. You are destroyed, the secrets keep coming as you try to put your life back on track.
Medieval France. Fourteen-year-old Amée is a servant girl with a genius IQ stuck as a scullery maid in her fief lord’s castle. She leads a lonely life, with plenty of time to think and analyze, though—and this is important—she can’t read. But something strange is happening here. The fief lord keeps bringing new brides home… and within two weeks, those brides disappear. A new one—nearly Amée’s age—has just been brought to the castle, and Amée knows the clock for survival has already begun to tick. She has time to figure this out. Will she before it’s too late?
Wealthy, unmarried Anne Lamont is murdered, and she leaves her entire fortune to a man she met two weeks before, putting suspicion squarely on him. Detective Arnold thinks the man is innocent. He has a week to make his case before this goes before a jury. But when he digs into Anne’s background, he finds the sweet old matron wasn’t at all what she seemed. I reallllyyyyy like this one.
He’s a cop—one of the good ones—and when an undercover bust went bad ten years ago, his wife and small child were killed. He swore he’d never love again. Then his old partner retires, only to be replaced by a wide-eyed, spunky rookie, whose seemingly impossible innocence and joie de vivre remind him life is worth living again. This could only end in disaster…right? Dare he makes the first move?
It wasn't me!
You are framed of a robbery, a robbery of a gentle old woman walking with her shopping, you must prove to the court that the evidence is faulty and you are innocent. If you can not persuade the courts in time, you will most certainly be in jail for the next 8 years. And when you have young children, eight years without them seems like life imprisonment. Your wife says that she will leave you if you are guilty.
Plot twist - the wife actually set you up because she met a man who she had been having an affair with and she wanted to marry him instead of you.
Working for change
You travel to a country that is foreign to yourself and are kidnapped by a gang that is making a show, protesting their cause for a democratic country. The government is trying to find you to put a stop to their madness. You are not hurt by your kidnappers and they are actually really nice and say they will not hurt you.
Your mum gives you £200 and tells you to run, go as far as you can and don’t let him find you. You must avoid him and stop him from tracking you down, be careful. Only him your running away from is your biological dad, a man trying to take you and stop you from seeing your mum. He wants you to be his only. He is dangerous, tech-savvy, well connected and ruthless.
My Family Tree
Your teacher always looks out for you and your her pet. Your in her class when your asked to draw your family tree and include every relative you know. The teacher then says that they will all be shown to the class so get going. You sit there, a pen in hand and the paper on the desk. Your family tree remains empty the entire lesson and at the end of the class when your teacher picks yours to be shown in front of the class. Now everybody knows you are an orphan and don’t know your parents. You go on an adventure to find your family, track down your parents and find some sort of relatives. She visits some of the care homes she lived in and relives some of the memories, some good and some painfully bad. Eventually she finds out that her teacher is her mum and kept it from her after the teacher had it give it up.
Your a daredevil, always have been. You are always the one who jumps first, no matter what the situation is. Your the one who bunjee jumps, rock climbs, dives with sharks, free falls and gets out of it unscathed. But this one time, your not so lucky. Your doing a speed course with a stig, they are driving and you are mearly a passenger. It’s sloppy, grip runs out and the tires lock up and you go full pelt into the wheel barriers. Everything goes black.
Now your paralysed, for the waist down, your now in a wheel chair and your whole life has changed, your no longer Emily the daredevil, your now Emily in the wheel chair. Everything is different and you must try to get used to this new life.
(I know I put the MC’s name as Emily but it could be anything and the MC can be anything)
Dreams can be a reality
You’ve been obsessed with formula 1 since you were little, you dreamed of being a driver. As time went on you realised it wouldn’t happen and decided to focus on the more realistic things. That is until one day you meet your formula 1 idol, Charles Lechair of Ferrari. He brings you into the world of f1 and one day when the test driver is ill, the put you in the car. Time to prove yourself. You do really well and your invited to be the full time test driver. Next year when Charles lechair’s teammate Sebastian Vettbot goes to a new team, there is a spot open and it’s yours, you just have to prove yourself over one season. You must help Charles win the constructors for Ferrari and you must come in the top 8 for the drivers championship to keep your seat.
(Intended to have make MC and for someone who follows F1, if you don’t follow f1 don’t worry you will just have some research to do)
The academy for the gifted
Two best friends (who are secret agents) are assigned to a case in which they must go to a posh private school and in this school, there are houses. The houses are Dolphins and Jaguars. The dolphins excel in cognitive thinking and academic work whilst the jaguars prefer physical and practical activities such as PE, Drama and art. Whilst on the mission, they must work together whist being in different houses to stop the sale of drugs on school premises by a dodgy group of teachers. They both dabble in love life and the common drama of the school. INTENDED TO HAVE THE VIEWPOINTS OF BOTH THE AGENTS.
Your are terminally ill and your twin, critically ill but your twin is expected to live a long life. Except when you get amazing news that tells you that you will be able to live for many years over the expected death date of me and my brother was greeted with grave news, the news that his dialysis was wrong and his expiry date was sooner than originally thought. So now, you and your twin’s life has been swapped, you have to be the well one and your brother has to be the damsel in distress.
- A character with an addiction discovers that they’re someone else’s addiction.
- A knight who spends five years trying to break a spell cast on him by a witch, only to slowly fall in love with her.
- A character who has to fall in love with someone from an enemy clan in order to lift a curse.
- Two people who fall in love but come from planets where time runs very differently.
- A character whose lover breaks up with them and then secretly follows them for a decade.
- What does Romeo and Juliet get up to in the afterlife?
- Two lovers who are separated by a bridge that can’t be maintained much longer.
- A decorator who becomes increasingly convinced that the owner of the house they’re working on is trying to cover up a murder, even as they fall in love with them.
- A character whose job is to create treasure hunts, but who finds themselves on someone else’s treasure hunt, and ends up discovering an old coffin.
- A character who discovers a strange calendar that appears to prophesy important events in their life.
- A character who gets trapped in their memory palace and has to find a way out in order to save someone else.
- A knitter who unravels a ball of yarn only to find it stained with blood, and helps the police investigate a possible murder.
- A character who discovers a secret message on a bottle of shampoo while showering, and is driven by curiosity to investigate it.
- A character who finds a baby abandoned in a bus shelter and embarks on a road trip with a wet nurse to try to find its parents.
- A peace treaty that’s signed on board a dirigible over no-man’s-land, and the people who fought for it.
- A wealthy character who goes on a day trip with a poor, homeless person, and switches places with them without realising.
- A character who works on a telephone helpline develops a relationship with one of the callers and arranges to meet them only to be stood up.
- A doctor investigating a rare disease that they specialise in discovers that it’s artificially engineered, just as they begin to show symptoms themselves.
- A character whose job is to clean up people’s imaginations.
- A character whose commute lasts a lightyear.
- A character whose fear of missing out drives them to establish a surveillance network.
- A character who has a fascination with all kinds of forgery, and how this interest will eventually lead to their death.
- A film star who is actually two film stars.
- A society that encourages and rewards mistakes and failure over success.
- A writer who’s trying to give up their writing addiction.
- A character who’s seeking justice for a murder they committed but can’t prove.
- A character who’s trying to win back their partner who ran away with their best friend.
- A spirit animal’s quest to choose their human.
- A mythical drug that’s at the root of someone’s family tree.
- A fountain pen collector who’s found murdered, and the murder weapon is a fountain pen that was rumoured to have belonged to a famous historical figure.
- A wedding planner who bears a secret grudge against happily married (or engaged) couples.
These are some title ideas for you to use in any of your stories
- 99 Reasons To Go, But 1 To Stay
- Running Through Closed Windows
- Miraculously Escaping Cuts
- Pieces of Glass All Over
- Shoes Crunching on Bits of Broken Glass
- Desperate Race to Get to The Shops
- It Was All I Could Think Of
- Then I Could Not Find My Car Keys
- They Were Lying Next to The Broken Glass Window
- Love Me To The End
- She Changed Me
- Turn The Lights Off
- Angel’s Can’t Die
- Guilty Mind
- Fill Me With Poison
- Unchain My Heart
- If Today Was Your Last Day
- Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not?
- Silent Screams
- Do They Know?
These ideas below are by the wonderful @Anna_Marie
- MC works as a secretary for a CEO of a semi-well-known company. The only problem is that she is hopelessly in love with her boss, but he doesn’t know this. Therefore this is very unrequited. He, himself, is a serial romantic and always has a new fling, whether guy or girl. MC is determined to make him fall in love with her. As the story progresses, her boss starts to develop feelings for her, but what good will come out of this?
- He’s the perfect man. He’s everything you want. But he’s not who you think he is. He’s hiding something, and he will do anything to prevent anyone finding out.
Basically MC finally met her dream man. He’s perfect and everything she could wish for. But there is more than meets the eye. A murder is all over the news, and he’s the murderer. But you don’t know, until you piece the puzzle together. You confront him, but he of course manipulates you. Now what he does and if you tell the police is up for to decide.
I HAVE MANY MORE BUT DON’T HAVE TIME RIGHT NOW TO POST BUT LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY OF THESE YOU WOULD READ EVEN IF YOU DON’T WANT TO WRITE THE STORY YOURSELF
And btw if this is in the wrong section please let me know
*Sorry If you didn’t want to be tagged Let me know so I can untag you *