Struggling to incorporate choices

So I need some advice because I really want to incorporate a points system but I’m not really sure what all those points would add up to. My story is romance/drama and I intend for the MC to end up with one person only so how else can I make use of a points system?

1 Like

1 Like

You can use it to determine whether the player gets bad or good ending. Also if you want to add elements such as skills or relationships with MC’s friends. Or even if you’re evil enough to make exclusive scenes with the LI only for readers who have enough romance points :ok_hand:

1 Like

This is really informative, give it a read through and it also tells you how to keep track of MC points :blush:

1 Like

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is for coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

I’ve seen stories that are very linear with only a single ending use points to determine unlocking specific scenes, so you can do it that way. Even if there is only one love interest and one ending with that love interest, you can still have some variability within the larger linear arc by having scenes the reader may or may not access depending on what the MC says or does. Those scenes probably won’t have larger repercussions outside of their individual Episodes, but they can still create a sense that choices matter to some degree.

That said, I am always on the side of wanting my choice to matter a lot, so I would personally second the good/bad ending idea, or at least having slightly variant endings with the one LI.

I’ve seen stories that have a happy romantic ending give the reader choices as to what that looks like. Marriage or no formal marriage? House in the suburbs or city apartment? Babies or no babies or a dog named Floof?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.