Stuck in a bit of a cc dilemma

Since you don’t have the intention to, don’t.

Since you’ve said that this will be your first story, you don’t really understand your fanbase yet. Until you have them, and they ask for it, you can do that in your second story.

Let you be the determining factor instead of the public. People’s opinions are wildly different.

6 Likes

I would love to see how you see the MC. So, for me CC is not necessary. :wink: If you give the readers a crystal clear warning why you don’t CC or use limited CC, everything will be fine. Do what for you as author feels right, because you’re the author of the story.

2 Likes

Diamond.
In the end, if you start writing based on the opinions of others, you can simply lose the pleasure of the process. I had this while writing an analysis of horror movies for last Halloween. It was a commission from a famous movie site, and their editor’s opinion didn’t quite agree with mine. In the end, I was inspired by this source https://papersowl.com/examples/horror/ and could complete the work. After that, I did not take on such orders. I hope you listen to yourself because if writers thought about how to please everyone, we wouldn’t see many amazing novels.

2 Likes

I say stick with your gut. If you don’t want CC, don’t include it. If that means less people read your story, so be it. At least you’ll know that the people who do read are appreciating the story for what it is.

1 Like

I, personally, hate CC. What I did for my story is I allowed the readers to choose between two looks (my MC is also envisioned as black)

This helps me for when I wanna create advanced personal overlays (family photos, custom poses, ect). I think it’s fun and cute :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Some stories I’ve read with side character CC are

Forever Yours and Invariably by Kylie

Pyro Pop by Eysneck

Sweet Nothings by Xandra

The Fundamentals of Heartache by Sofia Ceri

Added edit:

KindledKay (she left episode) had Black MCs and added full CC for side characters in her stories. So it’s definitely something you can consider since the it’s important to you!

1 Like

If you have a vision for your main character, please don’t feel like you have to change them for us readers! The best stories aren’t determined by whether or not CC is available to me. I’d much prefer reading a story that focuses on developing the character and telling a great story!

However, if you still want to include CC, you could provide us with that option for a side character or a cameo character.
(Tricky to explain, but a cameo character wouldn’t greatly impact the plot, but would make appearances here and there. I’ve seen a lot of cameo characters make appearances to say something funny or mention something vague and indirectly progress the plot.)

1 Like

I agree my story is a You story so I used CC