Stuck on that first chapter

I have about 4-5 chapters of my story planned out but for some reason I’m still looking over the first chapter. I can’t seem to figure out how to start it. I’d be grateful if I could get some advice if I were to explain what I’m going for. I think I just need an idea of how to start it.

We can PM if you’d like to help :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Is the story fantasy or mafia?

It’s Drama

1 Like

well, the first 1-3 chapters are usually introductory - they give the reader a feeling of what the story will be about and who are the main characters. So it really depends on what is your story about and what you need the reader to know from the start of the story.

For example - if the story would be highschool themed you can start with a scene in class - or at home getting ready to go to school, or at a football match atc… you can so create a scene from which we will learn who MC is - the shy invisible nerd? The sassy wierdo? The queen bee?..

1 Like

Personally, I love using different types of narrative. Rather than going with linear, which, don’t get me wrong, is awesome, non-linear narratives such as flash-forward or flash-back can give the reader a good idea of what’s to come and should help more ideas come to you since that future point is already written into your script. :blush:

I like to just jump in and tell as the time goes through the story…not having a whole chapter for an introduction.

hey, I’ve got the same problem too, maybe we can PM and try to help each other out? :grinning:

1 Like

You can PM me and I’ll see if I can help :slight_smile:

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas and not coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Make like a pilot for the first, give us an insight about what the stories about then leave us on a cliffhanger.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.