“Stupid” questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here 2!

As the original thread was closed after it reached 10,000 replies, I figured I might open a new one!
The original was created by the wonderful @Apes here: "Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Here you can share any questions you have about directing/errors/tips for writing your story!
If you see a question you know the answer to, please feel free to answer it yourself!
This thread is meant to stop repetitive threads/threads that ask really simple questions to keep the Directing Help & Tips Category less cluttered!

Please keep chat on-topic, as long as you’re talking about episode writing/directing you should be alright!

Ask away!

29 Likes

How do you had another chapter when you are done with your first one?

1 Like

After you save, click on “Back to storyname
After that you should see “New Episode” next to speechbubbles.
Hope this helped!

3 Likes

thank you so much!

2 Likes

i know it’s weird, but how do you like get down like get down to get something from the floor?

2 Likes

search “stand” in the animations, there are some similar animations for what u looking for (i think standup_neutral is the one who suits the best).
hope i helped :heartbeat:

2 Likes

how to make an intro and SHOULD i make one

2 Likes

thank you so much! :heart:

1 Like

Bump :upside_down_face:

like the “turn your volume up” or “mature themes” splashes? If your story has mature themes then definitely. Lots of people have pre-made ones in their drives.

2 Likes

my background and characters are not showing up at all. and i’m not even getting an error. how do i fix this?

2 Likes

Could you maybe post some of the code here to I can try to see what’s wrong?
Also make sure to specify the zone like @CHARACTER spot x y x in zone 2
or whatever, sometimes they autoplace in the wrong zone.

1 Like

this is the code for the scene that won’t work:

INT. LASKYLINEINTRO - NIGHT
@BEVERLY stands screen center and BEVERLY faces right
@BEVERLY is arms_crossed

1 Like

Is this in all caps in your script? Whenever AND is used it needs to be in all capitals

1 Like

it’s still not working

1 Like

Hey! <3 Have you tried using “&” instead of “@” yet?

1 Like

Hm… have you tried looking on your phone instead of the previewer on the portal?
Also try
INT. LASKYLINEINTRO - NIGHT
@cut to zone 1
@BEVERLY stands screen center AND BEVERLY faces right
@BEVERLY is arms_crossed

2 Likes

i tried both of these and the screen is still blank

hrm try to put
@zoom reset
at the start of the scene ?

2 Likes

it’s finally working! thank you!