“Stupid” questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here 2!

label GAME_MENU

tappable
“EOV_START”{
#START THE CHAPTER
goto CHAPTER_IS_STARTING

}
“EOV_SKIP”{
#SKIP THE CHAPTER

NARR
Are you sure you want to skip the chapter?

choice
“Yes, I’m sure”{ goto CHAPTER_IS_ENDING

}
“No, I don’t want to” {
goto GAME_MENU
}
}
“EOV_CUSTOMISE”{
#START THE CHAPTER
goto EOV_CUSTOMISE

}
THE TAPABBLE MENU DOESN’T WORK…I CAN’T FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT

Does anyone know if it’s possible to shorten the speech bubble command to only specify the bubble size?

In my opinion the default size of the speech bubble is a little too large. The command structure is position then size then tail. Can I add only size somehow?

You don’t have to add the tail placement, but you must have position and scale. There is no other shortened command.

@speechbubble is x y to %

1 Like

I see. Thank you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Summary

@remove HOSPITAL CLEANER BG CHARACTER
@overlay EOV_MOP clear
@cut to zone 2
@MS PESSIMIST spot 0.992 186 217 in zone 3
@MS PESSIMIST moves to layer -18
@cut to zone 3
@NOVA spot 1.100 238 143 in zone 3
@NOVA faces right
@zoom on 640 0 to 203% in 0
@NOVA walks to spot 1.100 231 124 in zone 2 in 3
@NOVA moves to layer 2

NARR
Stop

&cut to zone 1
@zoom on 0 266 to 133% in 0
@AN spot 1.082 102 100 in zone 1 AND LUAN faces right AND LUAN does it while talk_phone_neutral_loop
@pause for 3
NARR
Stop
@NOVA faces left
&pan to zone 2 in 2

@NOVA spot 1.100 238 143 in zone 2
@zoom on 640 0 to 203% in 0
@NOVA walks to spot 1.100 266 116 in zone 2 in 2
@zoom on 640 0 to 287% in 0
@NOVA is skate_unstable_loop
@zoom on 631 404 to 287% in 1 using easein

The first time the female character (nova) walks perfectl fine from right of the screen to left the next walking code she walks the opp way. Even when i’ve tried coding her to enter from screen right and to the location

blah

Anyone know the solution?

Remove the numbers from in front of the overlay on line 1079

You have her walking to 231 in zone 2 the first time, and then the 2nd time she walks you’re making her walk to 266 in zone 2, which is to the right which is why she is walking to the right.

It worked, thank you :kissing_heart:

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN MAKE HER TO WALK TOWARDS LEFT? :star:

How do you get a character’s customized name to appear in the display?

Change her spot to a spot to the right so she can walk to the left

1 Like

This is an issue i have been having for a while, please let me know how I can fix it.

Hello,
I’ve seen in some stories when zooming in to focus on one character the other characters get kinda faded? does that make sense is there a way to learn how to do it?

I want to zoom in and only focus on the character without the background characters being opaque

I’m using @zoom to try to zoom into the center of the screen but i dont know what the center of the screen coordinates are

Hey, my tear overlay won’t show up. The actual overlay is approved and has been for a while. The overlay worked the last few times and I was rereading my chapter and it stopped working.

Here is my coding (without the slashes because I can’t mention people):

@/pause for a beat

@/zoom on 216 261 to 501% in 0

@pause for a beat

@overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR create

@overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR shifts to 140 240

@overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR create and overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR opacity 1 in 0 and overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR shifts to 96 302 in zone 1 and overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR scales to 0.199 0.199 and overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR moves to layer 1

@overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR shifts to 210 263 in zone 1 using easeout

@overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR shifts to 213 237 in zone 1 in 2 using easeout
@overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR scales to 0.2 0.2

@overlay TEARDROP.CLEAR opacity 0 in 1 using easeout

Can anybody help me figure out what’s wrong?

If you preview and click ‘Show helpers’ and then ‘Camera’ you can adjust the zoom using ‘zoom’ and ‘focus’. Then you can copy and paste the line that shows up underneath the preview.

Alright, I need to ask a question for someone who isn’t on the forums. She wants to add in a template that would take most of the facial parts of the character’s face. She wants to be able to code that into the writers portal episode script. Is this possible?

@JemU776 do you think you could help me out?