“Stupid” questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here 2!

AHA! That’s it! Oh my gosh thank you so much!!!

HELLO ok so first of all I hope u guys are alright second I need help cause I’m not understanding whats happening on my script… the problem is I’m using the car overlay and placing the characters like this:

@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER create
@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER opacity 1
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to -455 -38 in zone 1
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER scales to 0.887 0.887
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER moves to layer 5
&AUSTIN spot 0.611 -281 133 in zone 1 AND AUSTIN faces right
@AUSTIN moves to layer 2
@SULEIMAN changes into SULEIMAN_cool
&SULEIMAN spot 0.711 -211 89 in zone 1 AND SULEIMAN faces right
@SULEIMAN moves to layer 3
&HARROLD spot 0.711 4 93 in zone 1 AND HARROLD faces right
@HARROLD moves to layer 3
@zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 2
&AUSTIN walks to spot 0.611 165 105 in zone 2 in 2.1 AND AUSTIN does it while idle
&AUSTIN moves to layer 2
&SULEIMAN walks to spot 0.711 233 65 in zone 2 in 2.1 AND SULEIMAN is idle
&SULEIMAN moves to layer 3
&HARROLD walks to spot 0.711 127 64 in zone 3 in 2.1 AND HARROLD is idle
&HARROLD moves to layer 3
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to 311 -67 in zone 1 in 2.1
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER scales to 0.887 0.887
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER moves to layer 5

ok so with this there is no problem but the unique problem I have it’s that I want Austin to be eating a donut so y typed @AUSTIN walks to spot 0.611 165 105 in zone 2 in 2.1 AND AUSTIN does it while eat_hand_neutral_food but it always shows like idle and I want him to keep eating at his finally position so y typed @AUSTIN starts eat_hand_neutral_food then I used @pause for 5 and nothing he always keeps neutral… i added a transition and when I preview it had restarted the episode page several times idk what to do anymore

if someone here have any suggestion or had the same problem and you can, please help!!

Did you delete this part when you put
@AUSTIN walks to spot 0.611 165 105 in zone 2 in 2.1 AND AUSTIN does it while eat_hand_neutral_food ?

Because if not then the two commands are trying to override each other and it will not work.

yea i delete it i tried putting it after he shifts to the place

I have a question about gif’s in episode so i know we can include by overlay use and people say to use Giphy.com.

But i was just wondering do Thier gif’s contain copyright? That question has been on my mind for some time…

And another question while iam at it sometimes in episode stories they sing song lyrics and mention the song and the artist in a reader message.

My question is isn’t it against copyright to mention someone real? Or a famous person?

Iam genuinely confused I could really use some help…

The rules on celebrities and such is that it can be a passing mention like -

“I love Ariana Grande’s music”

But it can’t be a plot point.

Thank you! Do you know if giphy has copyright or not?

Sorry, no I don’t. :woman_shrugging:

Thanks again anyway! :blob_hearts:

Thid is sort of stupid and i dont want to bother people with 100 forms but im trying to get my character to stand in a spot after my transition and ive used the code
@CHARACTER stands in spot 0.209 157 444 in zone 2
It just gives me a error saying this isnt a available demand but it works when i say
@CHARACTER stands screen center in zone 2
Any help lol?

You’re mixing up advanced and basic directing. When using spot directing, you only write: “@CHARACTER spot” not stands in spot, ie.

@CHARACTER spot 0.209 157 444 in zone 2

You can also copy and paste the direction straight from the right-hand bar of the portal.

Thank you lol i just assumed that it needed the extra steps :slight_smile:

1 Like

When in stories you see the person throwing a prop as in a can, or the baby bundle, how would you code that, you need an overlay, or is it the actual prop that you are coding?

It is an overlay. You would have to line it up with the animation to make sure it’s all happening in sync.

1 Like

i have this scene where i want my character to exit from the scene as they are walking and talking at the same time, yet when i try: @CHARACTER exits left, my character gets bigger. i’m trying to avoid that and have them walk from their spot to a specific spot while being able to walk and talk at the same time.

I know one of the answers to your question:
@CHARACTER walks to spot AND CHARACTER does it while animation

You can insert an animation which has walking and talking where it says “animation.”

1 Like