"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

i have a question regarding guidelines for cover art. are u allowed to ask those on this page?

Hi again!
So I have a lot more questions

1. How do you make people look like they are sleeping. when i tried it she wasn’t really on the couch she was hovering over it, it might just be the backgrounds. ( INT. ANNIKA - NIGHT and INT. FANCY LIVING ROOM - NIGHT )

2. Also how do you make someone wake up and stand up smoothly. when i tried it look very square ( if that makes sense ) its doesn’t look natural it just looks like its going through different motions

3. How do you do car overlays. like getting into/out of the car and it moving across the screen

4. How do you make people run and fall smoothly. for me i had to make them walk on screen then fun and all and it looks weird.

5. How do you make it look like someone is picking someone up and carrying them ( like leaning on their shoulder as if they were hurt, or how a parent would carry a small child )

6. How do you make someone walk like they are hurt and look like they are hurt

7. How do you make someone run from one place to another

I know that this is a lot and thank you to whoever answers this. I have more questions i just don’t know what they are yet lol so thank you so very much.

Hey. So I’m having trouble transitioning in my story (INK).
here is the code:
transition fade out black in 1.0

INT. MALL LOOP - DAY
HALIA spot 1.300 90 10 in zone 1 AND HALIA is walk_trudge
ANASTASIA spot 1.280 190 10 in zone 1 AND ANASTASIA is walk_trudge
ANASTASIA faces right
transition fade in black 1.0

So i don’t get what Im doing wrong. When I do this it fades out then shows them walking and then it fades in. I know the “@” are missing, it wouldnt let me post with them for some reason

For number 6:
for example I would do
@STELLA walks to spot 1.280 50 6 in zone 1 AND STELLA is walk_exhausted

because that the closest to looking hurt in my opinion.

Yeah, these are also hard for me. I’ve tried reading all of the tutorials and guides and still am no good at it. Does anyone have a step by step how to?

Perhaps this will help :blob_hearts: @mcsaylesjoc

1 Like

Use & instead of @ to place the characters before the transition.

1 Like

Thank you!

Hello! I’m not familiar with choices and I got this error😫

It says “Unexpected DIALOG “WILL1”{

Sorry for the blurry image but I’m now on the phone :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

Have you tried deleting line 15?

1 Like

It worked thank you! I didn’t realise it was that simple🤦🏻‍♀️.

1 Like

Sorry I accidentally delete the comment trying to add a new one :joy:
The commands are @transition
-curtain in_left
-curtain in_right
-curtain out_left
-curtain out_right
-curtain in_bottom
-curtain out_bottom
-curtain in_top
-curtain out_top

Add the color and time you want

1 Like

Is it possible to pan from one character to another if they’re in the same zone?

Let’s say that character A and B are in zone 2. I’m zooming in on character A and the I @zoom reset and @zoom on character B but I’d like to pan from character A to B but idk if that’s possible :woman_shrugging:

Pan if for zones only but you can use zooming to give that effect!

Zoom on character A the zoom on character B without reseting the zoom

1 Like

I’ll try this out! Thank you :kissing_heart:

Like nicolle was saying, you would use the zoom but if you want it to have the pan effect of moving over then I would time the zoom.
For an example if you only used something like this code to jump back and forth between characters it would just jump back and forth since it’s timed for 0 seconds (the number at the end of this code)
@zoom on ### ### to ###% in 0
Meaning the camera wouldn’t move back and forth like a pan effect, it would literally just go from one character (one zoom shot) to the other.

But if you timed it by changing the 0 at the end to be like 2-3 seconds or however long you want it to take then it would “pan” over to that character therefore take time to move the camera over to them before they speak. Ex:

@zoom on ### ### to ###% in 2

If you wanted it to “pan” to the character AS they’re speaking then you would use & instead of @ right before they’re dialogue.

And if you didn’t know, this zoom code is retrieved by going to show helpers, camera then moving around using both zoom and changing the focus to where ever you want the camera to be. Im only mentioning that because I wasn’t sure if you were using this other type of zoom code which is @zoom on CHAR to % or something like that.

1 Like

So i´m trying to “spot direct walking” and it is so hard… But how do i get my mc to walk from zone 1 to zone 3 while spot directed, but at the same time as the camera follows? I tried this:

@SELENA enters from left to screen left

@SELENA spot 1.168 127 21 in zone 1

&follow SELENA to spot 1.168 -127 21 in zone 2

&follow SELENA to spot 1.168 127 21 in zone 3

But that apparently didn´t work.
Thanks in advance for the help!

If you are using spot direct the follow command won’t work neither does the ‘enters from’ commands those can only be use when using the default size and positions.

There is no follow commands in advance directing however you can use the ‘pan to zone’ command and make the character walk at the same time to give that follow effect!

I need some help! I want a character to do a scene where she enters from left and then exits to right immediately without stopping. Is it possible for a character to exit without having to pause mid-way first?

1 Like