"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

This is a really stupid question, but where is the guitar prop at? I can never find it :sweat_smile:

I could be wrong but I don’t believe there is one, I think with some animations it has the prop added but I don’t believe it’s listed in the Props tab where we’re able to add the guitar ourselves, which is on the writer’s portal, right side under the preview screen there’s a list of things and one is called props

1 Like

Ok, thank you!

1 Like

@Elaina2 is right! The animations come with the guitar.

2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

Hi lovely people, I have a stupid question as well :slight_smile: How can I establish a scene, zoomed how I need with characters already there? What I mean is, when I play my story, and the scene transitions. I first see the background. Then it suddenly zooms and then characters pop out of nowhere. I don’t want the characters to walk into the scene, I want them to already be there standing/sitting (I use spot directing for chars). I’ve seen it done in people’s stories, so it is possible! :smiley: I just don’t know how.
Thanks for any help!

This is the code I currently use
@transition fade out black
INT. PRIVATE JET - DAY
@zoom on 222 135 to 146% in 0
@CHAR changes into outfit_name
@CHAR unpreviews hair hairstyle_name
&CHAR spot 0.978 201 178 in zone 1 AND CHAR faces left AND CHAR is idle

I’d say:

&zoom on …
&CHAR changes into …
&CHAR unpreviews …
@CHAR spot …

This is how I’d personally do it:

INT. PRIVATE JET - DAY
&zoom on 222 135 to 146% in 0
&cut to zone #
&CHAR spot 0.978 201 178 in zone 1 at layer # AND CHAR faces left AND CHAR is idle
@CHAR changes into outfit_name
@CHAR unpreviews hair hairstyle_name
@transition fade in black in 1

As long as you use & when setting in your characters and stuff, it will all already be there. But some codes you have to use @ but it looks like you have the right idea going on. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello! I was trying to make an overlay fade out instead of disappearing suddenly. Does the command @overlay OLNAME opacity 0 in 1 work? Or is there an alternative?

Yup! That’s the right command to fade it out.
@overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 0 in 1 or you can use &

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you, this works beautifully! :heart:

1 Like

Anytime! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Happy to hear it! :slightly_smiling_face: anytime!

1 Like

You need to add a filter.
you can click the eye to see what it looks like and add with clicking the name :blush:

1 Like

You should change the name of the labels of one of the two templates.

1 Like

Hello again! This time I’m asking for something pretty complicated, but I’m pretty sure the command I want to use doesn’t exist. So I want to include the reader to the story without making it the MC, just a background character. I was scrolling down to some profiles and I noticed some avatars have unnatural skin colours and dyed hair. Is there some option to change their skin/hair colour if they have those unnatural features? Like how can I know their avatar has those features? I know I can put a choice to ask the reader, but I wanted to know if there was another way. I hope I was clear enough :sweat_smile:

Have you checked if there’s another template in her site with other template names? I know it’s a lot of work, but you can just add a 1 at the end of the name of the label to make a different one. Like if it’s called label_hair you can add a 1 like this: label_hair1 and you should be okay. Pay attention to every change you make and make sure every goto has the exact name of the label, otherwise your script will be messed up. Honestly I don’t know if there’s another way.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! You may want to wait a bit before starting this long work, I’m not 100% sure there isn’t a quicker way.

1 Like