"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Oh. Well if you have any more questions on forum formatting, here’s a guide:

Do you know I can make my character walk in a scene fast. I’m trying to make her walk past really fast, that you see her walking from right to left (offset)

1 Like

@CHAR walks to ______ in S

S = seconds it takes for a character to walk from point A to point B

1 Like

Thank you :star_struck:

Also when you let the reader customize by sending them to the character avatar screen! Like the one below, and the reader customizes their avatar, how to make sure that there mom looks the same, like when they change her skin tone, the mom’s skin tone changes? I hope this question makes sense
[com_watch|441x500](upload://qKZyVLuHMPcgBciDOSepV73yjeo.png

1 Like

So if you write
@MOM becomes mc
Then your mom looks exactly like the mc
then after you do that you can change the features?

You could write:
@MOM becomes MC
@MOM changes hair to hairname
@MOM changes face to facename

1 Like

thank you! :heart:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

I’m am trying to make a complex choice with character customization.

The narrator would say “Would you like to customize _________?” (Blah, blah, blah; this character?

The first choice would be “Yes.”
And the second choice would be “No, he’s perfect.”

How do I write in the script if “Yes.” It would go straight into character customization.

And what if the reader picks “No, he’s perfect.” The story continues without the character customization.

I know how to add a character customization in the story and write a choice in the story. I just need help with the gain.

I hope this makes sense.

Just use labels:

Ex:

NARR
Customize?

choice
“Yes”

goto Customize

} “No, he’s perfect” {

goto continue1

}

label Customize

Customize template

label continue1

Continue story line here

2 Likes

Okay, so I’m on my new episode but I had characters in certain outfits that the reader can choose. Do I need to put the characters back through the choices again just to get them in the right outfit or will they automatically be in the same outfit again when the reader begins the episode?

Hi.
The character should look the way it was left in previous episode, as long as you don’t make any changes.
But to make 100% sure you can always give the choice a flag/reference to go back to with a if/else ref.

<3

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay this may seem like a strange question but hopefully it makes sense.

So I wanted the player to customize their character (also, yes, I checked the default script templates, which included a name customization also desired by me)

Unless it’s just the previewer not willing to show it, but do players get the chance to at least be asked if their character looks okay?

For instance, let’s say if I’m done customizing. Once I select the “This is Perfect!” option, it doesn’t ask whether to confirm if the customized character is alright? Basically, what I mean is, that I don’t want characters to accidentally tap on done (cuz I tend do that myself, cuz fidgety fingers lol) without confirming it. And adding CC scripts in episodes is messy and a pain, and I don’t wanna have to constantly get mail for people complaining about making a mistake because I didn’t have a “Is this okay?” option.

It’s the same thing with the name customization (ALSO used the script template on the editor). It doesn’t ask to type in the name in the previewer. And yes, I’ve tested it on the mobile one too. It doesn’t ask for a name at all.

It’s weird because for clothing dress up, I have followed tutorials (Joseph Evans) on what outfit the player wants the MC to wear, and it actually asks if the choice is correct or if I want to change it to something else.

Can someone provide me with the updated customization script (INK) with the new styles (the one in the editor only has limited/default styles, and doesn’t have more styles like Fishtail Braid, Brain Crown Updo and more varied hairstyles for women) for both men AND women? I love the Cade hairstyle on men too, but it’s the same for guys too: the default script template on the editor has limited styles without the new ones. I have no idea why the script editor isn’t updated with the new styles added for hair, eyes and such…

Or better yet, what customization templates do you guys use? Links and names of creators would be awesome so I can give proper credit!

Just add a label at the beginning of the CC and at the end of the CC add a choice asking the reader if they’re content with their choice.

Ex:

label customization

CC

choice
“I need a redo” {

goto customization

} “Perfect!” {

goto continue

}

label continue

Continue storyline here

Idk which CC your using but here’s the one I would use:

Thank you! That worked :slight_smile:

Now the final question is the name input/CC which I’m still in the dark about lol.

It’s still not asking for the name despite putting this in the script. Unless the previewer doesn’t show the input dialogue boxes?

NARRATOR
So… what’s your name?

label first_name_input

input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(FIRSTNAME)

if (FIRSTNAME is “”) {

NARR
You do need a name...

goto first_name_input

} else {
continue
}

I assume the confirmation script would be this at the end of this name cc?

choice
“I need a redo” {

goto customization

} “Perfect!” {

goto continue

}

label first_name_input

Yea, as long as you added the general input on your characters display name, then it should work. But it doesn’t work on the web previewer. Check it on the app