"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

What is the “enable picker” on the previewer do?? Has anyone used it and does it make directing easier?

I’ve answered this in a previous post:

This might have been asked already but this thread is so huge…

I just published my first story and when testing the story I’ve noticed a few weird things.

1. My MC starts out the episode with the hairstyle I last gave her when testing episode 3 before publishing. I’m not sure if only I can see it or if readers will too, but when I check my code in episode 1, it’s correct.

2. About 500 lines into the first episode, some of my characters just become invisible for no reason. Again, all looks OK in the web previewer. I tried resetting story progress, and exiting the app but it still happens.

Any thoughts on this?

1 Like
  1. Reset your story progress and whatever haircut appears after resetting will be what the readers see.

2. This is most likely a glitch. I would submit a ticket to admin.

1 Like

How do we use it?

@Nisa,

Here is a little text effect explanation from @RudeInception.

1 Like

when you add choices do you write for example with outfits write
choice
“outfit name”{
one at a time or do you write
choice
and then all of the outfits you want the reader to choose from?
btw: i want my character to try on the outfit have the reader decide if thats the one they want and if not i want the character to exit and then come back and choose a different one.
ps. sorry that was a long question.

Hey, just wondering how to apply filters? Like the command?

How do I update my episode app to Limelight style?

Here’s a simple clothing template that you can use:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r6DpUVNtMZGvnrrc76xut5BeQEQE-ubkwYksFce8hwk/mobilebasic

1 Like

The command is a bit complicated. I can give it to you if you want or you can just use the list like most authors do:

You just click on the filter you want and it adds it automatically to your script.

How do you update your app or your story?

Yes. How to update my story?

Once you’ve chosen a style you can change it. You’d have to start a new story and choose Limelight

Thank you

What’s the difference between the is and the does it while command?

Eg.
@CHARACTER walks to screen left AND CHARACTER is run_athletic

And

@CHARACTER walks to screen left and CHARACTER does it while run_athletic

Is it just the same thing or is it different? Thanks :two_hearts:

I haven’t personally found any real difference. The official way to do it is usin “does it while” but we’ve found different ways to do a lot of things. Use either or.

Okay tysm!

thanks so much. ill try and see if that works

i dont really understand how to use the template could you help me?