"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Ok I will try. Can I also ask you for help when I have problem, because I’m a beginner.

Of course! If you need help, I have a forum that you can ask on. :slight_smile:

Ok

Please, can you do a template for a bad girl first day entrance at school? If it’s too much hassle you don’t need to.

Hey guys I am writing a story and I am using Limelight Spotlight and I can’t figure out how to get my characters to come in correctly. Do I need to use Spot Directing or something? URGENT! :kissing_heart::thinking:

Here’s a guide on Spotlight:

RudeInception, OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! I’VE SPENT HOURS ON THE “INTERWEB” TRYING TO FIND AN ANSWER, BUT ALL I HAD TO DO WAS COME HERE AND YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE ANGEL! THANK YOU!

Got to love Jensen Ackles. (AKA Dean Winchester)

So… Ive been trying to make a scene where basically a guy is taking a picture of his friend and Im using a camera overlay that takes up most of the background and then the character is supposed to stand behind it. However, when I layer the character to for example at layer 1 and the camera overlay to layer 2 or 3 the character would walk in the background and appear behind the camera and then when the characters stops walking it appears in front of the overlay. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Can you take a screen shot of the problem in you’re script?

Actually I got it to work, nevermind:slightly_smiling_face::joy:

Does anyone know where I can get the tape overlay like this picture and does anyone know how she made her character like this or what behavior it is?

It’s either a background or the whole character is a overlay, the tape, chair, and her action is a overlay.

How do you layer your characters? I know you can do things like “right” or “upscreen right”, and in that scenario the characters are layered properly. But, when you’re doing spot directing, sometimes characters overlay each other in weird ways.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Add in the layer when spotting:

@CHAR spot S X Y in zone # at layer #

1 Like

Oohhhh okay! Thanks!

Hey guys I still can’t get the whole choices between episodes.
Because If I try the “yes” choice, It works But if I try the “no” choice it just goes to the “yes” choice. Please I’m in need of help

Can you show me the dialogue from your script? That will be helpful in order to fix your problem.

1ST EPISODE

ME

Hmmm.

choice
“Yes”{

gain chose_yes

NARRATOR
Alrighty then! Now on with the story!

}“No”{

gain chose_no

NARRATOR
Alrighty then! Now on with the story!

}

2ND EPISODE

if (chose_yes){

GIRL
(Oh! My date is tonight!)
(I better be prepared later...)

goto closet

}
elif (chose_no){

GIRL
(Well another day, another lesson I guess)

goto closet

}