"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

hello! i was wondering, could anyone tell me how to get the little speech bubble tail to point diagonally? like instead of pointing straight down, pointing slightly left or slightly right.

Do you have an example maybe? :thinking:

What am I doing wrong with placing my overlays?

And since you can’t see the full line:

INT. WRITER.LB_RESTAURANT with @overlay 6407970022359040_WRITER.LB CHAND OL shifts to -53 333
@overlay 6407970022359040_WRITER.LB CHAND OL scales to 0.640 0.640 with @overlay 6407970022359040_WRITER.LB TABLE OL2 shifts to -494 -102
@overlay 6407970022359040_WRITER.LB TABLE OL2 scales to 2.008 2.008

i don’t have an example… have you ever seen it? like when the tail is a right triangle instead of an equilateral triangle?

It depends on how far it is from the character I believe (not sure). There is no code to make it like that

INT. WRITER.LB_RESTAURANT with WRITER.LB CHAND OL to 2.008 -53 333 in zone 2

check this guide:

1 Like

Girls, I need desperate help. lol.

So, I’m using the fake gif command (&overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 in 0 THEN overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 0 in 0) and it’s kinda glitchy. i can see the little pauses. my question is, would it also be glitchy if I did it with shifting? i dont wanna waste time so i’m trying to guess :grimacing:

or should I file a ticket? bc web previewer and phone shows me two different scenes :cry:

if on the phone is right, leave it, opacity doesn’t work right in the web preview.

1 Like

ohh… smh all this time i thought i was doing something wrong it was the previewer… thanks apes!

1 Like

Thank you!! Once again, you are a LIFE SAVER!!!

1 Like

HIIIII ummmmm im writing a story and im new to the whole writing thing so I have a question… How do you like make a choice that repeats until something is done. For example, I am making the reader choose if they want to either customize their character or keep it, and I want to make sure that they are sure of their decision, because i know that some people tap things by accident and so they have to stick with their choice, but i want them to be like, yeah im sure, or no, i wanna go back that kind of thing. How do i do that?

Yeah its still not working

Hmm Okay make a ticket with support. They should be able to help you out more.

How can I have two scene changes in one episode?

You will need to add another background to your script. You will need to do this:

@pause for a beat

@transition to black 2
BACKGROUND NAME

@pause for a beat

Once you put that in with the background name you can make another scene.

Thank you so much.

No problem!

Thanks SOOOOOO MUCHHHJ this was so helpful! Kidos to uuuu!!!

Apes, i have a problem! It was all working perfectly at first but then something weird happened with the coding i guess so it ended up lookin like this!

At first it was just fine, but now it’s repeating choices and mixing words into the wrong choices, what did i do? Help,

I’m sorry :joy: I sent you a wrong one :woman_facepalming:t2: