"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Hey again! So i am creating my own animated intro for my story, however I am trying to get three separate title overlays and the light overlay I added to move all at the same time. Now the light is so supposed to make a twinkle effect while the title pieces are moving into place, but I can’t seem to make it work simultaneously.
here is the script:
INT. NEWINTRO with A to 1.000 165 -327 with BEAUTIFUL to 1.000 -348 -306 at layer 1 with CHAOS to 0.874 273 -147 at layer 2 with BIRDS2 to 0.478 165 411 at layer 0 with BIRDTATTOO to 0.100 159 42 at layer 0 with TATBIRDS to 0.334 75 294 with SUNFLOWER to 0.100 126 367 with WHITEMAGIC to 3.106 48 406
@zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0
readerMessage @episode.Smartii

&overlay WHITEMAGIC opacity 1 in 0.5
@overlay WHITEMAGIC opacity 0 in 0.5

&overlay A shifts to -99 -340 in 3
@overlay A scales to 1.000 1.000 in 0

&overlay BEAUTIFUL shifts to -24 -282 in 3
@overlay BEAUTIFUL scales to 1.000 1.000 in 0

&overlay CHAOS shifts to 42 -153 in 3
@overlay CHAOS scales to 0.874 0.874

How can I get my character to sit and eat at the sometime?
Does anyone know if they would be able to help me?

same time *

So do you want light to twinkle every time the word shows up or twinkle all the time?

twinkle all the time, love

You’ll have to use spot directing to place character behind the table so it looks like it’s sitting.

More about spot directing here:

I know exactly how to do that but I wanted to know how my character can sit and eat or can’t you do that ?:slightly_smiling_face:

Which style are you using?

ink

No, sorry you can’t :expressionless:

Try loop command :slight_smile:
&overlay WHITEMAGIC opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay WHITEMAGIC opacity 0 in 0.5 loop X times

X - how many times you want :slight_smile:

Omg apes, thank you so so much

1 Like

Is it possible to switch Spotlight and regular directing in a story?

And can you do it at the same time?

You can use it in cinematic stories :slight_smile: (full body)

set format spotlight

to come back to cinematic:

set format cinematic

with no @ right?

and you can’t do it at the same time yeah?

without @. and no you can’t do it at the same time, once you set up spotlight all characters will be in spotlight until you change it to cinematic

1 Like

So, I literally copied & pasted from the previous line. It works for the first time, but it won’t work now…I need him behind the table.

FULL LINE:
@COLT enters from right to screen left THEN COLT walks to spot 1.280 82 27 AND COLT moves to layer -5

Use:
@COLT stands offscreen left AND COLT moves to layer -5
@COLT walks to spot 1.280 82 27

It worked! Thank you so much!!! :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

Okay. I know this is going to sound really basic, and I rewatched the tutorial & looked in the guide (to no avail). If my characters are sitting down & I need one of them to get up, answer the phone, and walk offscreen. How do I do that? I’m sorry…