"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Focus the zoom on the feet. Copy the coordinates to your script. Then move zoom up on the characters face copy the script but this time change the time
@zoom on x y to % in 4
Zoom will move up from toes to head in 4s

1 Like

Hey! First, thank you so much for answering all of our ‘stupid’ questions, I’ve found the answer to a couple of questions already, so that’s really amazing.
I just have a quick question: how long would one episode normally be?

1 Like

It depends if you have a lot of coding/ advanced directing really. I keep mine 1300-2000 lines. I would say episode should be around 7-10 min long. But we all have different preferences.

1 Like

@Miss_Julie
I found the old thread and different opinions :slight_smile: have a read
http://oldforums.episodeinteractive.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/1515731-home-long-should-chapters-be

Hi! can anyone explain gaining to me? I heard a few people talk about it here but I don’t know how to use it… I know you can use it on choices and then you can make a locked choice or something that only opens if the reader gaind the right amount of points…

Have you read this thread? It covers everything. Let me know if you need more help x

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

20180311_191011

Hi!Can somebody help me and tell me how can i make this facial expression?

@MariaT,

Try flirt_fingersnap.

I have two characters fighting in the background. How do I make a third character come onto the screen in front of them ?

Change layers for characters who are fighting:

Example:
@CHARACTER moves to layer -3 AND CHARACTER1 moves to layer -2

The entering character should be in front of them

Okay, thank you !

Thank you!!

try @pause for a beat in between

@alilli.flora,

You can also do a pause for less time (@pause for 0.1) if you don’t want that large pause.

You also don’t really need the music off since the music will just change to the new music (it won’t overlap).

I’m not sure if this question has been asked before, but I’m having trouble w duplicated labels. I made a “dressinggame” I called it “dressinggame_1” and then I made another one and used the same label but it said “warning duplicate label”. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know! Thanks.

@sarah.episode,

Just change the new dressing game label to “dressinggame_2”.

I tried but it said “warning dressinggame_2 is never used”

@sarah.episode,

You have to change the goto that pairs with the second dressing game to dressinggame_2.

I didn’t use a goto… Was I meant to? It worked without it. I feel like theres something I’m missing :confused: