"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

sorry i fixed the image, but okay thank you i’ll try that!

thank you so much, it worked!

1 Like

hey guys so how do you make a back ground character walk from zone 1 to zone 3 and make the main character in front of them?

you want your bg character to walk while your main character is already on the screen?

yup like the bg character was just casually passing by while the main characters talk to each other

you need to use walks to spot command and just use layers so it can be behind the MC

Walking to Spot
Layers

thanks!

Hey again,

I have a problems.
So first I want to make my ONE character starts do another animation when OTHER character walks through him (for ex. RICK is laugh_giggle and when LEILA enters from screen left to screen right RICK starts talk_flirt ). Everything will be ok if LEILA stops at 1 zone, but problem is that LEILA walking through the zones (&follow LEILA to screen center in zone 4) .

Second problem:
While my character stupid Leila finish walks to zone 4 my characters in zone 3 and in zone 4 done they animation (the animation is end and they stuck in one pose). What I have to do that my characters still doing animation while she is walking?
For ex. :

@LEILA enters from left to screen center

&RICK spot 0.947 227 196 in zone 1 and RICK faces left and RICK is laugh_giggle
&TOM spot 0.929 116 206 in zone 1 and TOM faces right and TOM is talk_flex
&PAMELA spot 0.779 118 289 in zone 2 and PAMELA faces right and PAMELA starts talk_reassure
&LUKE spot 0.818 218 275 in zone 2 and LUKE faces left and LUKE is talk_suggest
&MONICA spot 0.956 81 187 in zone 3 and MONICA faces right and MONICA is eyeroll
&LINDA spot 0.941 188 183 in zone 3 and LINDA faces left and LINDA starts talk_contend
&JESSICA spot 0.972 85 199 in zone 4 and JESSICA faces right and JESSICA starts flirt_shy
&SIMON spot 0.979 184 200 in zone 4 and SIMON faces left and SIMON starts talk_flirt

&follow LEILA to screen center in zone 4

delete

under the follow command, you can again assign some more animations for characters but most likely they’ll finish until your character finish walking, maybe use loop animations? (I know we don’t have many)

I can’t seem to figure out how to make a character fall. For example, I want 3 of my characters to fall from a window, I used the animation surf_crowd, but I don’t know how to make it seamlessly look like they are gradually moving down at a fast pace. I used spot directing and had them doing the action at three different spots until they hit they ground, but that looks choppy and its very slow. I’ve seen in other stories characters slide across a screen to represent them falling down a hill or being dragged away, and I’m wondering how to do that??

time the action.

@CHARACTER walks to spot % X Y in 0.5 AND CHARACTER does it while animation

I wondered if that’s what I had to do!! Fixed it, thank you so much!

Thanks a lot, loop animation fix everything.
Maybe You can help with one more problem :
"I want to make my ONE character starts do another animation when OTHER character walks through him (for ex. RICK is laugh_giggle and when LEILA enters from screen left to screen right RICK starts talk_flirt ). Everything will be ok if LEILA stops at 1 zone, but problem is that LEILA walking through the zones (&follow LEILA to screen center in zone 4) "

I saw many times when character1 is keep walking and other character2 for example talking with someone and when character1 goes through character2 he is change his animation? :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: i hope it wasn’t dream :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Btw and thanks a lot for helping, you really answered so many questions that I needed to know :heart_eyes:

How do you move overlays?

Click on:

Directing Helper

Overlay Helper

On the left side you’ll have:

Switch Tool:

Move - moving overlay around the screen

Scale - making overlay smaller or bigger

Change Overlay - if you’re using more than one overlay

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Use THEN command
For example:

&RICK spot 0.947 227 196 in zone 1 and RICK faces left and RICK is laugh_giggle THEN RICK is talk_flirt THEN RICK is think

On my phone and computer the first scene in the classroom is black, but the rest aren’t, help!

Did you try @zoom reset before scene starts?

yes it’s in every start of scene i have so far