"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

I KNOW this is kind of “stupid” but I’m really lost right now. I started this story with its intro and chars talking to each other etc, but my question is… Do you have to code the thing where a person reads your story? Like, choosing your name, pick an appearance and outfits. Thank you beforehand!

Only if the reader is going to be playing a character in the story. You don’t have to it though! You write your story how you want it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! But the point is, the game automatically will give the reader the choice of being part of the story or do I have to write it?
Again, thanks. <3

No, what’s happening in your story is totally up to you and how you write and code it :grin:

1 Like

Oh, woah. How do I do that?
And, I have a problem with choices. Exa:
if the reader has to choose between going to the movies or the beach, and they choose the movies, how do I set everything depending on the choice?

You need to use labels for that, check out this thread, Tara explained this very well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can someone help me?! I don’t want readers to reread my chapter every time I update its pretty annoying so Can someone help me how to make a choice to not having to read the chapter again?

You can give an option to skip it :slight_smile: here’s the template:

Thank you so much!

So in my story I have this if/else code;

if (FEMALE_SEXUALITY) {

@follow DYLAN F to screen left in zone 3
@DYLAN F exits right
@YOU faces right AND YOU is laugh_giggle AND CHARLIE is eyeroll_sarcastic
@zoom on 733 173 to 162%

goto afterdylanleaves

} else {

@follow DYLAN M to screen left in zone 3
@DYLAN M exits right
@YOU faces right AND YOU is laugh_giggle AND CHARLIE is eyeroll_sarcastic
@zoom on 733 173 to 162%

goto afterdylanleaves

}

The FEMALE_SEXUALITY part works fine but the “else” part gets cut off and the guy literally disappears as he walks

1 Like

you kinda have him exit left straight away after he walks to screen left

How do I change that?

do you want him to exit or not?

Yes. I wanted the camera to follow him to the 2 girls and the camera stays on them as he walks off.

maybe try @pause for a beat

I tried that but it still doesn’t work. While he’s walking, he disappears when he enters zone 2. The camera still pans to zone 3 but the characters do not do the next animation.

It works for the female version but not the male version

just try to play this scene outside the brackets to see if it works

It works when I preview it on the portal but when someone is reading the story it doesn’t work. Maybe I could share it with you so you can see all the script? Maybe it’s something else?

Yes, of course :slight_smile: PM me :smiley: