"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

I’m not sure.

I believe I have fixed it. It just did the boy before the girl.

1 Like

I am starting a new episode. How do I get people to stay in the exact same spot they were from the previous episode. I tried (Standing at) and it didn’t work so there obviously must be another way of doing it.

You’ll have to re do the scene, same background and spot numbers for your characters like in the previous scene

I want my character to be texting with someone. How do I show like the phone screen with the texts?

1 Like

Thank you! <3

It there a way to make the text show up bold or italicized in your story?

you can use text effects:

1 Like

I’m trying to do the action of a girl slapping the guy and the guy acting hurt but the girl slapping him is not working, but the guy getting hurt. It’s almost like the girl is skipping the action. but there are no errors in my script it think.

@LENA starts slapface_give_angry
@MAX starts slapface_receive_angry

use is

@LENA is slapface_give_angry AND MAX is slapface_receive_angry

is there a way we can get the characters to walk in from a certain side to a specific spot. I have them entering using the regular commands and then them going to their spots but it looks weird with some characters going backwards to get to the spot I want them to be in and doesn’t look very appealing.
Here’s what I have so far.
@JOHNAH enters from left to screen left and MASON enters from left to screen left and BEN enters from left to screen left and MAX enters from left to screen left
@MAX walks to spot 1.280 225 53
@BEN walks to spot 1.280 129 53
@JOHNAH walks to spot 1.280 50 53
@MASON walks to spot 1.280 17 53
@MASON faces right

you can use:

@CHARACTER enters from left to spot % X Y

How do you get someone to exit by running out? I want her to run off screen.

@CHARACTER exits right/left AND CHARACTER is run_animation

you need to find a run animation in the animations catalog :slight_smile:

Hey all!

I have a question about the start of each episode… How do you get the box in the middle of the screen that says: Episode 1: First Meeting or whatever your episode is called? I also wanted to add artwork introducing the episode after my avatar introduces it…

any help would be appreciated!

Do you mean a Narrator box? Or toaster?

For Narrator box (in the center of the screen)

NARRATOR
Episode 1: First Meeting

or Toaster (which appear from the top and stay up for 5 sec)

readerMessage Episode 1: First Meeting

Upload artwork as your background or overlay :slight_smile: in your art catalog, if you don’t know how check out my thread:

Sorry!

I meant with the narrator box - how do I get my character to change emotion?

@CHARACTER is animation

Or in the dialogue:

CHARACTER (animation)
Text.

How do you get a scene to fade out to black to transition to the next scene?