"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Hello there! I’m currently stuck in a part of my story and I need some help. One of my characters is dead, I need to make him made away like a ghost. How can I do that??

You can make him into an overlay and make him more grey and invisible.

when you have a child running how do you keep them at the same size

You use spots because some of the numbers in the spot coding is the height of your character.

TEMPLATE FOR A RUNNING KID:

@CHARACTER stands spot X Y in zone #
@CHARACTER walks to spot X Y in zone # AND CHARACTER does it while run_athletic

I hope this helped! :blush:

Thank you!:slight_smile:

1 Like

You can use fading out background method as well

Thank you so much!!!

Alright, I’m using a birds-eye view image of a bedroom scene, It’s for ink. Does anyone know the best animation to use for both female and male characters? I want to make it look like they just woke up,

I’m trying to make my characters in this background “INT. CLASSROOM FRONT OL - DAY” and my question is:

How do I make people sit behind every desk, is it overlays or can you like, code it?

Just use yawn_bored :slight_smile:

You need overlays to make characters sit at the back

Welcome to The Episode Forum Amandaw!!:smiley:

Thank you!

1 Like

So I’m writing my first story and I’m having problems with 3 things:
1- Placing the characters where I want them to be;
2- Making characters walk;
3- Making the cover, because art is really not my thing, so I need suggestion of what I should do.

Can you describe more exactly what the problem is on 1 and 2

I don’t understand how to do it

Okay for the first problem you can use both spots and “screen spots”
TEMPLATE FOR SPOTS:

@CHARACTER spot x y in zone #

TEMPLATE FOR “SCREEN SPOTS”:

@CHARACTER stands screen left/upscreen left/screen center/upscreen right/screen right in zone # AND CHARACTER does it while ANIMATION

And for the other problem it should look something like this…

TEMPLATE TO WALK TO SPOTS:

@CHARACTER walks to spot x y in zone # AND CHARACTER does it while ANIMATION

TEMPLATE TO WALK TO "SCREEN SPOTS:

@CHARACTER walks to screen left/upscreen left/screen center/upscreen right/screen right in zone #

What i have written down now is just (templates) an easy way to show it, if you want to know more about this subject you can look at these videos:

And

If you have more questions you can always ask me, but if you like to “explore” it yourself you can watch Joseph Evans videos on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/AuthorJosephEvans)
or you can read about Basic Directing on https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I hope this helped! :relaxed:

1 Like

Thank you SO much. Girl I owe you my life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

No problem! I am just happy to help! :relaxed:

1 Like

I just found a thread about making covers that I also hope/think will help! :blush: