"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Oh, thank you! Once again, I’m so so sorry but i’ve got another question… I promise this will be all! But, you know @pause for a beat? Is there a command similar that goes for longer?

You can ask as many questions as you want :slight_smile:

You can pause your scene for how long you want:

@pause for S

S - seconds

Example:

@pause for 5

1 Like

Thank you!! :DD

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you so much.:hugs:

1 Like

Helloo! So I am creating a story on a different episode account and anyway, SO I need help! can someone explain to me how to move characters between being infront or behind another! I have searched and searched and cant seem to find a thing!
many thanks to any help received.

Hey!
I think you mean layering?

Here is something about that:

Thank you this was helpful!

1 Like

How do you code a character with a prop? will it work with an overlay?

With the add command, so:

@add Prop Name

I have already seen several films of stories, but how do you make such a film?

Like a trailer? You need to use a video editing app like video star or iMovie

@add Prop Name to CHARACTER
@remove Prop Name from CHARACTER

No you can’t use this command for overlays unfortunately

the car is always in front of him:
EXT. FOREST TRAILER DUSK - NIGHT

@overlay CAR ANGLE VINTAGE create
@overlay CAR ANGLE VINTAGE opacity 1

@zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0
@overlay CAR ANGLE VINTAGE shifts to -141 114
@overlay CAR ANGLE VINTAGE scales to 0.370 0.370

@LOVE INTERSEST spot 0.767 216 135

@LOVE INTERSEST is sit

@LOVE INTERSEST moves to layer 3

Put this in:

@overlay CAR ANGLE VINTAGE to layer -1

Guess who’s back ? Back again…
Hey all, can someone explain how to animate multiple overlays?
In my story a character gets hit with a shovel… I know how to make the overlays… but I’m still new to the coding.
Any help is welcome!

Hey, so go into the writers portal, click “guides” tab at the top. On the left side of the screen, look for “Placing and Animating Characters”. Click that then click “advanced character placement” and scroll down to the section that has LAYERS in bold font. That will explain layering to you.
Also, check out Joseph Evans on Youtube. He has great tutorials- very well explained, he shows you the writer’s portal that he’s working in and shows you the preview so you know what it should look like. It has helped me a lot.

Ya peep over here is just tryna figure things out with the outfit choices

So i kinda figured out how to fix one problem of the script regarding the choices for outfits however, a new problem appeared and I’ve tried to fix it but maybe I’m just lil dumb when it comes to this kind of thing
So this popped up

Okayy so I’m thinking “should be a quick fix” so I just put the two curly brackets together manually instead of borrowing someone’s template then just add what I want then I saved and nothing
nothing changed it still says error

I am upsetti spaghetti :disappointed:
Someone please enlighten me cause most likely i’m just doing something wrong since I’m so new to this

Okay, so I just used one of Dara’s closet templates. I just realized I have too many options in one section. I don’t want to get rid of those choices. Can you tell how to put two or three choices into their own section? Like my main labels to choose from are fashion_traditional, fashion_colored, and fashion_two_toned. I have multiple choices to choose from in colored label. I
would like to make groups of the colors that match together. I hope this is clear.

@JemU776 @Apes Can you two help me?

Hey! Welcome to the forums :raised_hands:
Line 268, after the word choice, hit enter so that “Rockin Lady”{ is on its own line. Let me know if that helps!

That is fine, it’ll work either way, with “Rockin Lady”{ on the line next to choice or under it :heart: