"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

I have them under notification :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I look under setting on my phone.

Labels maybe idk im lost reading that

1 Like

Sorry, I’m a bit tired. Let me try that again. The code I currently have is tappable [pan:2:3] “Evidence1” etc down to “Evidence4” coded the same way as the choice if/elif/else code. When I go into the story on the app and tap on a piece of evidence, it goes through the narration I have that goes with that piece. It still allows me to pan left and right BUT it doesn’t let me tap any of the other 3 pieces of evidence. Does that make more sense?

Could you give an example of how I would use labels for this (new and never used them before. Working on my first story. )

1 Like

I’m new to this thread so I am not sure who you have been talking to previously, but I can try to help. You may need to use gains instead of labels.

you need to create like a game, and use labels like @SkyM suggested. Click here to learn more about labels

label game
   NARR
Text.
tappable [pan:2:3]
"EVIDENCE 1"{
     NARR
Information.

NARR
Did you check all the evidence?
choice
"Yes"{
continue 

}"No"{

goto game

}

}"EVIDENCE 2"{
     NARR
Information.

NARR
choice
"Yes"{
continue 

}"No"{

goto game

}

}"EVIDENCE 3"{
     NARR
Information.

NARR
choice
"Yes"{
continue 

}"No"{

goto game

}
}
1 Like

You are awesome! Thanks for taking the time to help =)

1 Like

I’m not sure how gains work?

2 Likes

I’m getting an error here that says " There is a { on line ## that does not have a matching } . Do you know how to fix that?

script

}“ROSE”{

NARRATOR +1 (GREY)
(This rose looks like someone crushed it.. maybe in a struggle?)
Hey, Cardoza.
    NARRATOR (CARDOZA)
Yeah, what?
    NARRATOR (GREY)
I'm beginning to think this isn't a suicide..

@overlay ROSE clear
@zoom reset

NARRATOR (CARDOZA)

choice
“Yes”{
continue

}“No”{
goto game

}

you need another closing bracket at the very end }

1 Like

You are seriously the most helpful person on here. :smile: I really appreciate it. This is my first time writing a story.

One more thing to help? Then, (I hope) I can just get on with my story LOL I just really wanted to learn how to make tappable games and whatnot :slight_smile: It’s a lot more complex than I thought.

New Error

I put the extra closing bracket. and after that I put @cut to zone 1
It now has an error that says “unexpected sequence”. So I changed it and added a Narrator line before the cut to zone 1… Now it says "unexpected character “NARRATOR (CARDOZA)”… geez, this shiz is hard.

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley: any chance you could post a screenshot or copy and paste exactly what you have?
Is your dialogue on the line under the narrator?

you used a wrong bracket it needs to be a curly one }

1 Like

Thanks! I’m such an idiot. lol!

Don’t worry, we all make stupid mistakes :smile: even me after all these years :joy: good luck with writing :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! You’re awesome! Have a great day!

1 Like

I can’t find this on other threads and honestly it might be here but y’all… there’s a lot here. Anyway so I’m trying to make my choices more interesting by having different color buttons. I don’t mean like the blue vs. pink vs. purple but like… regular vs. dark vs. gold vs. locked, etc. Anyone know how? I did it once long ago on a different episode portal account that I’ve long forgotten but it’s been a while to say the least.

1 Like