"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

I pretty sure you have to put a gain in the choice.
And then when the option comes up you place the if/else/elif command. I’m not sure if there are simpler ways, but that’s how I would do it.

https://www.dara-amarie.com/choose-li-gender

Hi!

I was looking through the text messaging guide that @Apes started and was wondering if anyone knew how to make it so the reader could scroll through texts that they’ve previously clicked through, in the same scene? :thinking:

Also wanted to say how much I love this help guide!! Shoutout to the amazing people who help everyone else thrive. :smiley:

With all that being said–

Thanks for the help, whoever is helping me! :joy::joy:

I think the best option is to create your own bubbles and then arrows up and down and thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Unfortunately, you can’t layer this phonetext format, I would just find bigger and straight phone screen background and I really like your cover! :smiley:

This background not working for a long time, check this thread here:

Dara already made an overlay and coding :slight_smile:

Okay. I’ve previously seen in a story where the author had it set so the reader could scroll through the messages.

I’ve also seen where an author had it so you could scroll through all three zones.

Could the same code be used?

Welcome to the forums @erose :slight_smile:

Just use & for pan and character walking

&CHARACTER walks to spot % X Y in zone 3 in S AND pan to zone 3 in S
NARR
Text.

S - number of seconds

To be honest I never tried this, but the one with pans is tappable overlay coding which let you move around the screen until you tap on it

Coding for this:

tappable [pan:1:2:ver]
“OVERLAY” {

}

thank you so much!

How do you get the screen to flash red for a quick second?

How do you get the camera to follow a character to another zone?

hi so, how do you code those parts where a character stands up or moves but theyre just idle?

@transition flash red/white/black in 0.3

For moving you say

@CHARACTER walks to spot X Y Z% AND CHARACTER is whatever

I think

1 Like

oh- tHANK U BBY

1 Like

You could just make a character walk to the zone and say @pan to zone X in Y

Examples:

@follow CHARACTER to screen left in zone 3

&pan to zone 3
@CHARACTER walks to screen left in zone 3

&pan to zone 3
@CHARACTER walks to spot % X Y i zone 3

Ugh I’m so useless at this. I got my character to hold gun but in the next scene their still holding it, how do I get them to not hold it anymore

thank you