"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

10 seconds is a REALLY long time in episode try 3 seconds.

1 Like

I messed with the times a bit and the same thing is still happening. It fades out, then suddenly the characters pop on screen, then fades back in.

You should write something like:
INT. TEEN SISTER’S BEDROOM - DAY with TEDDYBEAR with TOYPILE
@overlay 5676696397021184_TEDDYBEAR shifts to 154 90
@overlay 5676696367021184_TEDDYBEAR scales to 0.275 0.275
@overlay 5676696397021184_TOYPILE shifts to 0 -3
@overlay 5676696397021184_TOYPILE scales to 0.520 0.520
@zoom on 212 0 to 177% in 0
&CAROLINE2 spot 0.804 248 59 AND JESSIE2 spot 0.817 98 57 AND JESSIE2 faces right AND CAROLINE2 is sleep_sitting AND JESSIE2 is sleep_sitting
@transition fade in black 3

and maybe try adding ‘&’ before the overlays and see if that will work

1 Like

It worked! Thank you so much! You’re seriously a life saver!

1 Like

New day, new stupid question from me! Hi!

How do I make a character not overlap on the other? For example one character is behind another and I want that character who was behind another one to come forward in the scene. How do I make that happen?

You would have to use layers!
Here is a thread that may help:

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :heart:

1 Like

if this won’t work for you it means that your account is too new, no idea why only works on old ones

1 Like

How do I move one of my characters behind the other?

1 Like

Spot placing as well as layering such a:
@CHAR spot # # # AND CHAR moves to layer #

1 Like

Okay thank you.

Also how do I add spot directing
Would I just have it like

@CHARACTER spot 1.280 166 -38 in zone 3 AND CHARACTER starts action THEN CHARACTER faces left

1 Like

Yep, you got it!

1 Like

I tried to put spot directing into my script and it ruined it :sob::sob::sob: so now I’m unsure how to fix it

1 Like

Can you post your script?

This is the best picture I can get. I took out the spot directing because it messed my script up, my character Morgan doesn’t walk zone 1 to zone 3 anymore, also my two other characters disappeared and I don’t remember what I had before it fix it :frowning:

1 Like

Well for me it would be something like (and I don’t know because I’m not that advanced):
&LONNII spot ### in zone 3 AND LONNII starts talk_handsopen_happy_loop THEN LONNII faces right AND EMILY spot ### in zone 3 AND EMILY starts talk_neutral_loop THEN EMILY faces left

&MORGAN enters from left to spot ### THEN follow MORGAN to spot ### in zone 3 AND MORGAN does it while walk_neutral_loop THEN MORGAN faces left

And what exactly was the error

That’s what I had but it screwed it up. So I am trying to change it back to the basic directing lol. But the warning says use @character enters from x to screen y. I guess I’m just wondering how to change that one line back to basic directing

1 Like

@MORGAN enters from left to screen center

would be correct you can’t just have

@MORGAN enters from left

1 Like

What is the maximum number of lines you can have in your script like code lines before it stops you?

1 Like