"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

You can’t have spaces. Just use the commas to separate them, but don’t add a space.

And maybe the dash.

hey is there anyway to have the camera angle like higher up from the characters instead of like facing the front of them?

1 Like

Not that I know of
@Apes
@JemU776
@LiyahxWrites
@amberose
@AMagic

Do you mean having the camera show the top of their heads? :thinking:

not necessarily the top of their heads but a higher angle than the original angle

Can check out:

It tells you everything you need to know about zooms. if you didn’t find what you were looking for, then sorry :frowning_face: But on the bright side, you can add really cool effects to zooms :+1:

okay thank you

can someone check to see if this is the right music scripting format for my story. I’m trying to change scenes and add music to the next scene, and this is my code

@SILAS exits right

music off

@transition fade out black 4

INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY LOCKERS - DAY

@transition fade in black 4

@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat

music music_moodyrock

when I input the code for adding music I get an error message saying something about
unexpected end of input you cannot end your script with a label

The music code is correct. But you need to add something under the music label.

like dialogue? a character entrance?

Guess what I just figured out :blob_sun:

This happens when you click on it mid testing your tappable overlays. Shows the area that’s tappable. I… I am gonna sleep so well now that I can put this mystery to bed

2 Likes

Is it possible to let a character cross the screen without stopping first?

yep, you just gotta use

@follow @CHARACTER to zone #(1,2,3,4) or zone #(1,2,3) for smaller interior or exterior settings.

oh thanks!
but how does it work when I want for example, two characters having a dialogue standing still, and another character entering and exiting the screen at the same time. I don’t even know if that’s possible.

it is you use this code:

characters standing without dialogue and performing actions

@CHARACTER stands (zone/position)

@CHARACTER is (Animation)(loop if you want it to)

and you repeat this code every time you want a character to stand in a certain place in a certain setting

to get a character to move between zones:
@CHARACTER walks to zone (1,2,3,4 or for 3 zone settings zone 1,2,3) in T=time in seconds

example: @Lewis walks to zone 1 in 3 (seconds the time in this code will tell you how fast they will move)

background (makes your characters smaller without standing in the foreground and or closer to your screen) you use:

@CHARACTER walks to (back right, back far right, back left, back far left) in zone 1,2,3,4 in Time
@CHARACTER exits (left or right)

you also gotta do it in between your characters dialogue.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

Can I undo a character duplication?
So for example: I made Dasilva look like Bagan. Now Dasilva needs his old look back. Is it possible?

You can do it like this. Write into your script almost each of these to change the character.

can read more here: HOW TO: Customize Characters

Okay, that makes sense :slight_smile: Thank you!

how do I add my own custom background to my story? I have this:

lovely background made by the awesome Joseph Evans himself, but I cannot seem to figure out how to incorporate it into my own script

edit: I am using a chromebook

1 Like