"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Hey i’m a new author. My characters are standing face to face using the rear animation so you are seeing the persons back instead of the normal side way view. How do i get the camera to switch between them so that you see CHAR2 back and CHAR face while making the background look like the other side of the picture.
@CHAR spot 1.617 70 -198 in zone 1 at layer 1
@CHAR faces left
@CHAR2 spot 1.424 222 -82 in zone 1 at layer 0
@CHAR2 faces left
@cut to zone 1
@CHAR2 starts idle AND CHAR starts idle_rear
Please help.

2 Likes

Thank you so much

Thank you so much!

How do I get a character to be in front of another character? The way I have it now is there are three characters on screen. Then a child walks on screen, but he is behind the other characters. How do I fix this?
Thanks

You’d use layers:

@Alexis251 No problem :yay:

How many pages should there be for a multiple page closet? I’m talking a closet that doesn’t have outfits in categories, just one where all the outfits are listed together.

HOW TO: Use [shouldPaginate: YES] :rose:

Why doesn’t the overlay move in the preview when i try to scale it?

a section of my script is red;-;

Hiya! :wave: Anything after a quotation mark will appear red. If there’s some red, chances are, a quotation mark is missing somewhere.

Here’s an example of a missing quotation mark causing red text:

you need two
@Scarlet_Sapphire

choice
“You should talk to her” {

@speechbubble is 160 276 to 95% with tail_top_right

Kali (talk_Shrug_neutral)
Try talking to her.

@speechbubble is 161 253 to 95% with talk_top_left

@HANATA (talk_think_neutral)
Maybe your right.

@speechbubble is 0 205 to 95% with talk_top_right

}

1 Like

Yep, exactly. :+1:
(I’d made that as a sample text for Janelle’s issue since I wasn’t sure what Janelle’s script looked like, it isn’t actually part of my story though haha.)

1 Like

oop my bad :laughing:

1 Like

Hey, I’ve always been on and off with episode because it gets so fustrating. Zones, layers, choices, and errors with I don’t know how to fix it. I’m a determine person but episode is the only thing that makes me want to give up my story ideas. It can also help me because I’ve wanted to be an author. Please help!

I started to learn by watching videos of Joseph Evans (I don’t really watch him now since I have the forum for direct questions) He covered a lot about basic coding and from there you’ll be able figure out the basics. But he isn’t the only you-tuber you can turn to but he’s who I prefer.

If the text is in red then it’s most likely a problem with the quotation marks. If the quotation mark isn’t closed then the text after it becomes red.

Oh, sorry I forgot to mention him. I used his videos for referrences and some examples off some episode websites or youtubers. It did work for me but for some reason it stopped, ex. The choices he did. It kept saying I had an error but I would double check and change things to see if It worked but didn’t. I think its probably harder for me because I don’t have someone there to help me. But overall it gets me fustrated and stressed.

Does anyone have the DAY version of this background?

Do you still have your script? Maybe I can help. :upside_down_face: