"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

ok

i- :confused:

The X value of the character needs to be the same.
EG
@CHARACTER spot 1.280 0 0
@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.500 160 0
CHARACTER will get bigger.

However,
@CHARACTER spot 1.280 0 0
@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 160 0
CHARACTER will stay the same size.

RED: Open Sounds
ORANGE: Find the sound you want to add. Use the play symbol to preview the sounds
GREEN: Type music (to loop) or sound (to play once) then click on the sound to paste it into the script. Use the volume command to change the volume - volume music/sound % s, where % is a percentage between 0 and 100 and s is the time in milliseconds.

If you want two things to happen at the same time use &:
&CHAR walks to spot 1.280 160 0
@CHAR2 walks to spot 1.280 270 0

&CHAR walks to spot 1.280 160 0 in zone 2 in 3
@pan to zone 2 in 3

I’m sorry, I’m still pretty confused. Thank you for responding so clearly. Can you show me what you mean by change only one of the numbers?
For example, in the scene I put, it’s only 1 panel. So, even though there aren’t any other panels, place him in that void part? like in zone 2 even if zone 2 doesn’t exist?

@MAURICE spot __ ___ ___ in zone 2
@MAURICE walks to ___ ___ ___ in zone 1
But, how do I get the numbers at all if I can’t see Maurice in zone 2 in order to get them?
youre awesome! how did you figure out. I;m sorry that I"m not catching on as quickly

@MAURICE spot x y z in zone 2 **just move her off to to the side

and then

@MAURICE walks to x y z in zone 1

You’d only change the middle value. When you move MAURICE offscreen it’ll tell you his coordinates and zone. You can place him in another zone when placing him offscreen as well. Whatever the middle number is, you’d use.

Here’s an awesome chart from the Episode guides that lays out the numbers:

Ex.

@MAURICE spot 1.412 420 0 in zone 1
@MAURICE walks to spot 1.412 270 0 in zone 1 AND MAURICE faces right

The spot direction IG post I linked has tons of detail regarding this.

Thank you so much for helping :butterfly:

1 Like

Thanks so much for giving the tip about starting him in the offscreen!!! THANKS!!!

It worked!!! Thanks so much everyone!!!
I suppose I can do this same thing when he’s already on screen and I want him to walk somewhere else? All three of you, thank you so much!!! I’m hoping this will help my story

Hi!

I joined recently and I was having some problem with the coding/direction.

I wanted my character to hold a microphone and I found the animation which needed an overlay (maybe, I’m still figuring things out) but I couldn’t find any wireless microphone overlay and I have no idea what to do.

Can anyone help me out?

1 Like

You’ll need to use props for that specific animation!

You can find a detailed guide HERE under Directing Your Story -> Placing and Animating Characters -> Adding & Removing Props

You can also find a list of all props in the Writer’s Portal under the previewer.

1 Like

How do you make a choice button special. I know it can be gold (and maybe other colors too). I know it’s really simple, and I’ve been looking for how to do this but cant find it. Thanks in advance!

HOW TO: Color Code and Lock A Choice :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Hello! I keep getting error 11 while I try to preview my story. I already refreshed and restarted. Does it have to do with the length of the story? It’s really short because I just started. Or does it depend on the spotlight format?

I just finished my episode and watched it but everytime my scenes change it flashes. How can I stop this?

error 11 means that there is some sort of mistake in your directing. Perhaps a clothing choice was worded wrong or a command was spelled incorrectly.

1 Like

I checked multiple times and there’s no error.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

The props list was right there this whole time and I didn’t even notice.
Thanks a lot again, god knows how long I would’ve been stuck if it weren’t for you.

1 Like

Hello,
Do you happen to be using the transition code for the scene changes part?

I only ask because a lot of people have encountered this problem and it was typically because a transition fade in code was placed before the scene was set. So if it’s not already, the transition code should be put after the character’s spots are coded.

Hello,
Is there a certain place where it stops playing and you get this error? Or as you try to play that episode it won’t and just shows that error? Also to answer your last questions, the length of the story and format doesn’t cause this error.

1 Like