"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

oh ok. thanks :heart:

what if you have dialogue in between?

Add that in there

ok. what do you write if the reader chooses that outfit? ex, if the reader chose the first outfit without looking at the others what would i write?

Well right now the dialogue says: “It’s perfect” for all of them, you can change it to whatever you want. But I don’t think this template will specify if the character chooses only one outfit.

I wrote the dialogue i want. I guess im asking what do i write if i want to have different outcomes for each of the outfits the reader might choose?

I usually say things like: “this top is so cute” or “I love this color”

Stuff like that

oh ok.

overlay for specific directing/placements:

I know how applying overlays work, as well as scaling (tho im still perfecting some spots). but can anyone tell me if it’s possible to add an overlay in the MIDDLE of the scene opposed to the start???

i want to make a character blush/have a bruise for instance. Do I have to set up a duplicate scene? Videos on youtube showed me how to add those overlays but not have them show midway through the scene. idk if its possible…

@azariasin,

You can create an overlay in the middle of a scene, but you will need to be sure to use all of the following commands to get it to work right.

&overlay OVERLAY create
&overlay OVERLAY shifts to 62 490 in 2
&overlay OVERLAY scales to 1.000 1.000
@overlay OVERLAY opacity 1 in 0

Is this for making the creator “gradually” blush instead of just a static image? I pasted what you posted word by word, unless you wanted me to adjust the coordinates.

Or remove the ‘shift’ command?

EDIT: NVM got it to work in my favor, but how do you remove the overlay after the moment you’re done with it?

Kay, what did I do wrong now?

@azariasin,

Use the command:
@overlay OVERLAY clear

@Sparkle_Rain,

Put the zone after the spot, not the facing direction.

ie.
@RP2 spot 0.551 47 223 in zone 2 AND RP2 faces right

1 Like

Okay, I am very new to choices. So can someone tell me what I did wrong, and how to not mess it up again

What is the error message??

You can’t have the zoom attached to another action…
If you want both the things to happen simultaneously write like this-

&LACEY is stand_up
@zoom on 640 46 t 153% in 3

AND
don’t give space between the bracket and the choice. Write it close like this-

choice
“Explode”{ (No space between the choice and the bracket…)
Try it…

Nope, same message