"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

I’ll try that, thank you.

Here’s a photo of the script.![

I can’t see the photo :thinking:
EDIT: now I can :joy:

1 Like

ooo you can’t use AND commands with changing outfits.

You’d have to do

&SILVER is dustoff
@SILVER changes into SILVER_schooloutfit2

1 Like

Lemme, fix that. One sec.

I previewed it and it’s not changing…

You can not do “@SILVER does it while dustoff.” You can only use the “does it while” command when a character is walking. For example “@CHAR walks to spot 1.290 0 0 AND CHAR does it while run_jog.”

If you want it to work, you must do:

choice
"School outfit 1" {
@SILVER walks to screen center in zone 3
&SILVER is dustoff
@SILVER changes into SILVER_schooloutfit2

}

The & symbol works that same as doing AND.

1 Like

Thank you!

I just fixed the commands, but the preview still isn’t showing the outfit change for some reason…

I also saved and did the “previews outfit” command and that didn’t work either.

Hmm I don’t know why that’s happening. Is it just on the web previewer it’s not showing up or also in the app?

I’ll try that, one minute. I appreciate your time.

Thanks so much for the help, the mobile version works… I don’t know why the website one doesn’t. I’ll make sure to check the mobile preview before I freak out. Thanks so much for your help! :smile:

1 Like

Anytime! :smiley:

hi! sort of a complicated question but ill try to explain it the best i can. i just created chapter one to one of my stories where the reader can customize their character and their love interest as well as choose their names. i used the female and male limelight customization script templates and when i add them both into the same chapter/scripting box the chapter loops itself. how do i prevent that?

another question- when it comes to names, i know you can use [NAME] whenever to address the reader with whatever name they chose. for example, the reader names their character “kalista”. lets say i want the readers’ character to say “My name is Kalista.” but when i do that, the love interests’ name is there instead (pretend the love interests name is Sawyer or something). in short, i want the readers’ character (Kalista, or whatever name they choose) to say “My name is Kalista.” but instead it shows up as “My name is Sawyer.”

Do you have it where they can select who they want to customize from a menu or do you have it so that it’s female first, then the male character next (or vice versa)? Also, for the name thing, for Sawyer’s name input does it say something like:

input What's Your Name? | What's Your Name? | Done (NAME)

Does it say that for both characters’ name inputs?

female first, then the male character next. and i have it as this for both:
input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(NAME)

Create a label that is right after all the customizing called continue, and then in the option that say
“He looks perfect” (In the GUY customization template) Put goto continue. Should look something like this

"He looks perfect!" {
goto continue

And at the end of all the customizing just put “label continue” (I’m not too sure if this is the issue thought…)

As for the name part, if the girl is the main character, I recommend keeping her name input script the same.
For the guy’s name input, change the (NAME) part. It should look something like:

input What’s His First Name?|What’s His First Name?|Done(CRUSH)

The Crush part can be changed to whatever you want to refer to him as in the script later on. If you choose crush then you would use [CRUSH] in the script. Make sure his display name is the same as whatever you put in the parenthesis so it displays whatever the reader typed in above his speechbubble

thank u!!!

1 Like

Hey again! So, I have all of my characters placed in my story (doing animations and stuff) and whenever I fade in the characters arent there and as soon as the transition ends (fade) the characters suddenly are there! Please help me!

Nevermind people I fixed it!

hello guys! I need alittle help with something . The background i have, i want to make an effect where i get to turn the light off and on. is that even possible ?

Just switch the background to

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with EFFECT DIM 60 :slight_smile: